• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Weavile RTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

Weavile, a huge offensive threat to any team.

[Types]Ice/Dark
[Ability]Pressure
[Base Stats]
HP - 70
Atk - 120
Def - 65
SpAtk - 45
SpDef - 85
Spd - 125

TYPING (OFFENSIVELY) Ice/Dark
Ice/Dark is pretty good offensively. Weavile gets STAB with Ice Punch, and Ice is a really good attacking type, murdering all the Dragon and Flyers. Dark is good as it hits all the Ghosts and Psychics. STAB on Pursuit screws them as they try to switch.

TYPING (DEFENSIVELY)
Ice/Dark, defensively, is horrible. First of all, if Stealth Rock is up, Weavile will be striped of 25% of its health if it switches in. Rock is a popular attacking type, too. Dark/Ice brings Weavile a 4x weakness to Fighting, another popular attacking type. Other weaknesses are Fire, Bug and Steel. I guess Weavile could switch into an Ice Beam, as Weavile's SpDef is decent. A Psychic immunity is good, though, and a Ghost and Dark resist is useful, too.

BASE STATS (OFFENSIVELY)
Atk - 120
Special Attack - 45
Speed - 125

Weavile's offensive stats are excellent. 120 Attack means his STAB will do a lot of damage, even his other attacks that arn't STABed will hurt a lot. DON'T USE SPECIAL ATTACKS. Weavile's speed is excellent for sweeping. Choice Scarf Weavile outspeeds all except CS 130s, or higher. With 252 EVs in Speed, Weavile can outpseed +nature/252 Infernape.

BASE STATS (DEFENSIVLEY)
HP - 70
Def - 65
SpDef - 85

Weavile isn't designed to survive strong attacks. I guess he could survive an Ice Beam and maybe a Shadow Ball. Weavile's Special Defense is decent, so he can survive some Special Attacks, sometimes even Choice Specs ones.

MOVEPOOL (OFFENSIVELY)
Physical (Attack - 120)
Weavile's physical movepool is really good. Ice Punch has STAB and kiils all the Dragons, Flyers, and Grounds. Ice Shard can go first and kill all the Focus Sashers, Flail/Reversal sweepers and DDing Dragons. Night Slash has a high critical hit ratio and can hurt, while Pursuit chases those Ghosts and Psychics back to there Pokeball This is good as, because Weavile outspeeds all the Gengar and Alakazam, either way, they'll get hit. STAB aside, Brick Break is a good attack, kiiling all the normal types as well as Tyranitar. Aerial Ace isn't used as much, but it murders Heracross and the occasional Grass type. Weavile can use Sowrds Dance to make these attacks stronger.

Special (Special Attack - 45)
Weavile was built for Physically attacking, but if times are desperate enough to use Special Attacks on Weavile, than so it be. Ice Beam is normally good, but with Weavile's low SpAtk, Salamence and Garchomp will even survive. Like Ice Beam, Dark Pulse is normally good, but woun't kill much. The same holds for Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, and Surf. Surprisingly, Weavile learns Nasty Plot, but still these attacks won't kill much.

MOVEPOOL (DEFENSIVELY)
As stated before, Weavile isn't built for Defensive actions, but if times are desperate, Weavile can use Toxic, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Psych Up, Rest, Sleep Talk and Substitute.

ABILITY (OFFENSIVELY) Pressure
Pressure isn't built for offense.

ABILITY (DEFENSIVELY
Pressure, defensively, is a good ability. You can stall out a Pokemon's PP with it. But, on a Pokemon like Weavile, it's not that useful. I guess you could do a RestTalk Pressure stall.

USES (OFFENSIVELY)
Weavile is a strong Physical sweeper. It gets a chance to switch in thanks to its decent SpDef. Once your opponent's main Physical wall is down, Weavile can dominate.

USES (DEFENSIVELY)
Defensively, Weavile lets teams down. It pretty much just adds weaknesses to some defensive teams. Sure, a Psychic immunity can help many teams out, but accompanied by 5 popular weaknesses, Weavile isn't going to survive long for the team unless ITS the one doing the sweeping.

MOVESETS
Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly (Spd+ SpAtk-)
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 Spd / 40 HP

Ice Punch / Ice Shard
Night Slash / Pursuit
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

Choice Banded Weavile hurts. This can be useful as a revenge killer. This set covers 13 types, all but Fire, Water, Electric and Poison. The 40 HP EVs let Weavile survive 349 Special attack Azelf Flamethrower. If you'd like the freedom to switch attacks, give this Weavile Expert Belt instead. Pursuit, with STAB and on the switch, hits for 120, which practically kiils Ghost and Psychics. If you want more power overall, choose Night Slash, though. Ice Punch is the stronger STAB, but Ice Shard can kill all the DDing Dragons and Flai/Reversal Sweepers.
----------------------------------------------
Weavile @ Expert Belt / Lum Berry
Jolly
EV: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd

Swords Dance
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Brick Break

Swords Dancing Weavile. Lum Berry can help if people try to Burn or paralyze you to prevent sweeping.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to mention that Weavile's movepool is quite weak, in the terms of base power. 75 is his highest, so although his actual stat is quite high, he still lacks a bit of power. Also, it can survive STAB attacks from the special side such as Specs Starmie's surf, so his defenses aren't TOO pitiful. UnSTABed super effective moves might not OHKO it, such as Azelf's Flamethrower (unboosted).

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I have been informed my Chill that, until him, mii and Meta get things straight, I'm to do nothing to this.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Weavile killed my mother and ***** my father.

*grumble*overused piece of... *grumble*

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
good job so far. i think i'll add move pool later and ability.
i might do move sets as well.
we have to talk to zook about toxicroak.

and i think chill has chilled out.

I HOPE. :0

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
You should mention that STAB pursuit hits for 120 base on the switch, that the popular ghost and psychic types are usually slower than weavile (gengar OHKO, dusknoir 2 or 3 depending on nature, alazakam OHKO, etc.)

you should also mention the numbers Weavile's base stats will hit at lvl 100 with each usable nature.

Oh, and i've updated the main thread and Gyarados's and Garchomp's info. You should check it out for the new format...\

on, and MAKE SURE YOU LABEL ALL THE MOVESETS BOLD/UNDERLINED/IN WHITE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom