• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~The Official Shadow The Hedgehog Appreciation Thread~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstajuice656

Banned via Administration
What i know so far is that shadow the hedgehog should be the closest new character to be revealed from the sonic series!! I mean come on he is Sonic's sidekcik and he is very important to the sonic series!! And there is suppose to be more people from sonic!! :)

I mean come on who doesn't want him in Brawl he is the best!! Does anyone want him or not!!

He is my favorite if it wasen't for him i wouldn't be playing brawl!!

His final smash could be his machine gun or his motorcycle or something like that!!!

He's the best and if anyone agree's with me write back show your appreciation

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
...Is this a Joke Topic? Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik are far more deserving and important to be in Brawl.

Plus when the hell was Shadow "Sonic's sidekcik"? Last I checked he's Sonic's rival...

Zevox

Smash Lord
:laugh: Oh, this is a laugh. You called Shadow Sonic's sidekick. Sidekick. Thats so ridiculous I can't help but laugh. Shadow is an anti-hero, not a sidekick. Sonic's sidekick is Tails - has been since his second game. Knuckles fluctuates between the hero, anti-hero, and sidekick roles, and so he could be claimed to be Sonic's sidekick, at least in part. But Shadow is pure anti-hero - no sidekick to it.

Anyway, theres no way Sonic will get more than just himself in Brawl. Other characters have an off chance of making AT, subspace emissary, or something minor like a stage appearance, trophy, or sticker, but theres no way they'd include a second Sonic character as playable over any number of other third-party characters.

And for my personal opinion, if they were to include a second Sonic character, my opinion is it would have to be Tails or Knuckles. Shadow is the worst thing to ever happen to the Sonic series - a cookie-cutter character, Sonic plus the evil opposite clichè and the badass and emo templates for a personality. Hes one of the biggest signs of the decline of the series' quality since it went 3D.

Zevox

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The sidekick comment made me laugh my *** off.

Anyway, theres no way Sonic will get more than just himself in Brawl. Other characters have an off chance of making AT, subspace emissary, or something minor like a stage appearance, trophy, or sticker, but theres no way they'd include a second Sonic character as playable over any number of other third-party characters.
True. Hopefully a Robotnik SE Boss, and a Tails/Knuckles AT.

And for my personal opinion, if they were to include a second Sonic character, my opinion is it would have to be Tails or Knuckles. Shadow is the worst thing to ever happen to the Sonic series - a cookie-cutter character...
Wrong. Sonic Labyrinth was the worst thing to happen. Followed by Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), then Sonic the Hedgehog Nex-Gen.

Sonic plus the evil opposite clichè and the badass and emo templates for a personality. Hes one of the biggest signs of the decline of the series' quality since it went 3D.
So, is it safe to assume that Dark Nintendo Characters, a "clichè" won't make it in? We already got a Dark Link color swap, not to mention "dark" versions of characters.

At the most, Shadow as a color swap.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
That is outrageoues!!! Shadow is NOT the worst thing to happen to Sonic games at all!!! Silver, Cream, Big and Charmy are by far more annoying and worth killing off. Shadow makes the sonic series look to have a darker side. A series of games where there are ONLY pure good guys saving the world can get quite annoying sometimes i will say.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I really hope he's an alternate costume, because his chances are too low.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Wrong. Sonic Labyrinth was the worst thing to happen. Followed by Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), then Sonic the Hedgehog Nex-Gen.
I'd disagree - Sonic Labyrinth was at least a minor side game, not a major alteration to the series. Shadow was a major alteration to the series, added on as a fifth major character (in addition to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik/Eggman). The other games are symptoms of the decline in the series, and both related to Shadow (one obviously in large part, the other more a combination of Shadow, Silver, and Sonic Team's horrible story-telling abilities).

Puffball64 said:
So, is it safe to assume that Dark Nintendo Characters, a "clichè" won't make it in? We already got a Dark Link color swap, not to mention "dark" versions of characters.
Not what I was referring to - I was giving my personal opinion on Shadow himself, not on anything Brawl-related. Though personally, I do dislike all such "evil opposite" characters - Dark Link, Wolf O'Donnel, Dark Samus, etc. Color swaps are unrelated, and personally I see them as no big deal - that is all they are, after all, is the same character with a different color scheme, not a separate character being given a spot in the game.

Demoncannon said:
Silver, Cream, Big and Charmy are by far more annoying and worth killing off.
Don't agree at all. Silver is close to Shadow, but hes mostly simply following in Shadow's footsteps - another Hedgehog with a cookie-cutter personality and poor attempt at a backstory (really, the Sonic team needs to stop trying to give Sonic's games detailed stories - they always fail at it miserably, and the games they produced when they didn't try to make the stories anything special were great). Cream, Big, and Charmy are all side characters to the series, with very few appearances and no major importance to most of the games they do appear in.

And to be perfectly honest, I like Charmy - he can be quite amusing at times, and hes the most optimistic and energetic of the Chaotix. Plus being one of the Chaotix is a big plus in my eyes, since they're my favorite characters of the series outside of Knuckles and Sonic. I've always thought it a shame that Sonic Team dropped them after their initial game for so long and has never really expanded their role in the series.

Zevox

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
... silver was pointless, two hedgehog were by far more than enough... take this for example...
Mario bros = 2 plumbers
Wario bros = 2 villains of the plumbers

No one argues about them do they, so why should Shadow get axed due to someone not saying he is bad when you could say the same about the Mario/Wario bros.

Shadow deserves a fair chance! I know the gangstajuice656 didn't make Shadow sound like he is worth a penny but if you hear me out, a SEGA know how and Shadow fan to get my point across to clear aload of things up

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
who did? Gangstajuice656? What does he think he's playing at?! I personally think neither luigi or shadow are better than each over. However both play similar roles as both are the main characters shadow (You may argue tails is Sonic's shadow but he is not a hedgehog)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tails is as to Sonic as Luigi is to Mario. Even though Shadow is the 2nd most popular character. Tails is close at being 3rd most. Shadow to Sonic is more like how Wario is to Mario... without the hilarious farts and funny stuff...

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
i hate how people say that sonic and shadow are the same like the only things they have alike is the bal thing and there look besides that there diffrent
shadow uses jewls to attack that are diffrent from sonic (chaos spear/blast/control)and if u played sonic battle he does a ball looking thing that follows u a dark hole like and something else
so u see what im trying to say?if shadow is in (which i hope he is but lets face it...were lukey enough to get him as a alt suite T-T)he doesnt have to be a clone

SonicMario

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, I wonder if most characters besides Sonic before 2001 were meant to be like the mario character rise. Like Tails was maybe made to be like Luigi only non-clone to make it seem better, or Amy made to be like Peach only Sonic doesn't have mutual attraction. And Shadow may be made to be like Wario (They had to be developing it when Sega was still in competition), Only Shadow is more serious. basically, the characters made from 1992-2001 besides Sonic may have been used to be with par to the Mario series constant rise in characters, only with a slightly different

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Yes and also can sonic use Chaos Control? yes but ONLY 2 games and thats it...
Can he use Chaos Spear? No
Can He use Chaos Blast? No

Shadow's Skill should be as follows...

Standard Special= G.U.N weapon
Up Special= Chaos Control
Side Special= Chaos Spear
Down Special= Chaos Blast (Chargeable)

Final Smash= Super Shadow Chaos Blast

Taunt 1= 'Hmm' (Crosses his arms like Ike)
Taunt 2= 'Behold the ultimate power' (pose from Sonic 2006)
Taunt 3= 'Maria'

Theme Music I am all of me

Stage= Space Coloney A.R.K

Victory Music= Stage complete from Shadow the hedgehog game

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
Yes and also can sonic use Chaos Control? yes but ONLY 2 games and thats it...
Can he use Chaos Spear? No
Can He use Chaos Blast? No

Shadow's Skill should be as follows...

Standard Special= G.U.N weapon
Up Special= Chaos Control
Side Special= Chaos Spear
Down Special= Chaos Blast (Chargeable)

Final Smash= Super Shadow Chaos Blast

Taunt 1= 'Hmm' (Crosses his arms like Ike)
Taunt 2= 'Behold the ultimate power' (pose from Sonic 2006)
Taunt 3= 'Maria'

Theme Music I am all of me

Stage= Space Coloney A.R.K

Victory Music= Stage complete from Shadow the hedgehog game
sonci cant even use chaos control as fast as shadow can do it
shadow can do it all he wants while sonic does it maybe like once or twice

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I know but it is just pointing out a fact that Sonic has been able to use one move but never uses it afterwards and hopefully ever again (Sonic 2006 was messed up in so many ways)

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
First of all, Sonic doesn't need Chaos Control to complete with Shadow. He can do pretty much anything Shadow can do just by moving really fast.
Chaos Control: Sonic doesn't need to slow down time, he can just accelerate himself to the same effect. As for warping, Sonic moves fast enough not to need it.
Chaos Spear: Sonic's used wind to do the same thing. If you want to be technical, you could call it a pressure difference or a Sonic Boom, but he's done it more than once.
Chaos Blast: Watch the intro to Sonic 06. Enemies in a big circle. Sonic blows through like razor-sharp death. All enemies are gone in a few seconds. And as an added bonus, the princess isn't dead, either (Oops, missed one. . .).

And there's a whole lot more that speed can do. How's walking though walls do it for ya? All Shadow's got on Sonic is a smaller strain on the imagination and some dirty looks. (If Shadow's as fast as Sonic is, why does he need Air Shoes?)

But, in the spirit of fairness, I will admit that Shadow does Chaos Control a lot better than Sonic, and he can do a lot more with a Chaos Emerald than Sonic can. And he was fairly cool in SA2. (I still say that the new one's a robot or something. Or maybe the one from Sonic X. *Shudder* The horror. . .)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, I wonder if most characters besides Sonic before 2001 were meant to be like the mario character rise. Like Tails was maybe made to be like Luigi only non-clone to make it seem better, or Amy made to be like Peach only Sonic doesn't have mutual attraction. And Shadow may be made to be like Wario (They had to be developing it when Sega was still in competition), Only Shadow is more serious. basically, the characters made from 1992-2001 besides Sonic may have been used to be with par to the Mario series constant rise in characters, only with a slightly different
I don't think the idea has much merit, to be honest. While Tails and Luigi certainly have mirror roles, thats due to their being sidekicks, a common role among video game characters (ditto for Robotnik/Eggman vs Bowser, as main villains). Amy has a much different role from Peach - where Peach is usually the damsel in distress, is rarely playable, and is Mario's romantic interest, Amy is simply a kid who happens to be infatuated with Sonic, and is a much more active character whom Sonic rarely has to save (and is never happy to do so when he does have to).

Shadow to Wario is a difficult comparison to make - though Wario has the same evil opposite roots as Shadow, he was very quickly expanded beyond that role and given a unique personality and goals, which ultimately led to his own series (two, actually - Wario Land and Wario Ware), while Shadow remains much the same today as he was when he was created. Heck, save for his brief stint in the DS remake of Mario 64, Wario hasn't appeared in a mainstream Mario game since Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land, which was as the name implies was also the game that launched the Wario Land series (hell, discounting the Mario sports/party games, Wario has more of his own games than hes had appearances in Mario's!). Wario simply outgrew his Mario roots and became a major character in his own right, while Shadow has never come close to managing that, and was created well after Wario had already done so (Super Mario Land 3 launched in 1994, Sonic Adventure 2 in 2001).

Plus of course theres Knuckles, who doesn't even have an arguable counterpart in Mario's saga. Hes an entirely unique character with an odd mix of roles throughout the series - sometimes anti-hero or rival, sometimes sidekick to Sonic, sometimes a hero in his own right. He really destroys any claim that the Sonic series was trying to mirror Mario's in terms of characters, IMO.

Zevox

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Knuckles=Wario
Shadow=Waluigi

That makes more sense because Knuckles started off as a villain against sonic and he has humor like wario, Waluigi and Shadow were kinda added form out of the blue and yet they added some unique concepts to each fanchise

Zevox

Smash Lord
Knuckles was never a villain character. He plays the anti-hero/rival role during Sonic 3 due to being tricked by Robotnik, but hes never been an evil or self-centered character, unlike Wario. At least with Wario and Shadow they have the "evil opposite" roots in common - Knuckles doesn't even have that.

As for Waluigi, he can't really be used in such an analysis, honestly. He was only created as a doubles partner for Wario in the tennis games, and has never appeared in any game besides the Mario sports/party ones, much less any game with an actual story or chance to give him any character development. I don't see where you're getting the idea that he has brought anything unique to the series.

Zevox

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
No Knuckles WAS originally a Villain and that is a true SEGA fact, the reason i said Shadow=Waluigi is because you both were released to make a equal layout in Mario tennis/SA2B. You may not like Shadow but i do, so we will always kinda argue over it.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
You know Shadow is already in Brawl as a Sonic alt? I forgot where I saw the picture but it looks almost exactly like Shadow.

Zevox

Smash Lord
No Knuckles WAS originally a Villain and that is a true SEGA fact,
It most certainly is not. His entire role in Sonic 3 is as an anti-hero/rival - Robotnik tricked him into believing Sonic and Tails were trying to steal the chaos emeralds that kept his home, Angel Island, afloat, and thus he did everything he could to deter them during the game. Near the end though, he learns of Robotnik's treachery when he witnesses Robotnik steal the emeralds himself, and then joins Sonic and Tails to bring him down during the events of Sonic & Knuckles (he kind of drops out of Sonic 3 after Robotnik's treachery, since he wasn't made a playable character in it until Sonic & Knuckles' connectivity did so retroactively).

Demoncannon said:
the reason i said Shadow=Waluigi is because you both were released to make a equal layout in Mario tennis/SA2B.
I can hardly see how you can compare the two. Mario Tennis is a sports spin-off game where Waluigi was just included as a filler character for a spot in the roster. Sonic Adventure 2 was a mainstream Sonic game where Shadow was as central to the story as Sonic or Robotnik - he was anything but filler, rather a consciously-created new main character for the series. Neither the two games nor the two characters are anything alike.

Demoncannon said:
You may not like Shadow but i do, so we will always kinda argue over it.
Fact, but our respective opinions about him shouldn't preclude a discussion of his role in the series, which is simple fact based on the games themselves.

Zevox

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
where? show us this image?No offense but no evidence and i will still hope Shadow is playable
I said I didn't remember where I saw it. It might have even been in a video. I just remember seeing an alt of Sonic that was black and red. I'll look for it.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Waluigi=/=Shadow

Waluigi is a sport-playing filler character
Shadow is SEGA's safety net when their NEW rival doesn't work

No guns in brawl, that's why Captain Falcon doesn't pull out his pistol, or Snake is gunless

Arteen

Smash Lord
I don't believe that the Sonic series will get more than one character, but if they got two characters, Shadow wouldn't make the cut. Sonic is in because of the Genesis/SNES era mascot rivalry, so I would expect a character like Tails or Knuckles to make it, since they were actually around then. Shadow is just irrelevant.

gangstajuice656

Banned via Administration
Hey puffball piece a ****, I'M TERRIBLY SORRY for my comment earlier about Shadow being Sonics sidekick but in Shadow the hedgehog game, they work together besides don't worry about that I just want shadow in da game. AND by the way GO **** OFF U ***got!!!!

finalark

SNORLAX
a Shadow Sonic recolor seems very likely other than that, I don't think he has a chance.
That or AT. Shadow may be my favorite character in the Sonic series, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Oh, and before the monstrosity known as Shadow the Hedgehog (game) Chaos Control teleported the user and it only slowed down time in multi-player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom