• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official "RATE MY KIRBY" and "HELP WITH A MATCHUP" thread!

Is this thread useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I already said Ninjalink

Chu is good but him being the best i dont think so. Please dont over rate the melee pros any more
Present your arguments. And maybe some video material. Have you seen him play live anyways? Cause I've only seen a few Ninjalink kirby vids. I must agree with you that Chudat is a bit overrated. But he is the best kirby.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Before he retired, KK90 was the best Kirby. Shown here, here, and here. Granted, he lost the first, but that was pretty close. Fox azendashed on the second one, but Kirby was destroying him anyway. The last one was a combo vid, but he's awesome. Youtube "King Kirby 90" for more.
Is it just me or are those videos not Brawl?

Gnes

Smash Master
Before he retired, KK90 was the best Kirby. Shown here, here, and here. Granted, he lost the first, but that was pretty close. Fox azendashed on the second one, but Kirby was destroying him anyway. The last one was a combo vid, but he's awesome. Youtube "King Kirby 90" for more.

*Facepalm* Now what possessed u to do this...really...

When ninjalink wins a tourney playin kirby or gets half the standings chudat has gotten maining maybe ill agree with u Suspect...

Besides why exactly is ninjalinks kirby said to be even on par with chudats...he doesnt do anything spectacular...he hasnt beatin any exceptionally great players with his kirby...i dont get it...are u a NL fan:)

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Present your arguments. And maybe some video material. Have you seen him play live anyways? Cause I've only seen a few Ninjalink kirby vids. I must agree with you that Chudat is a bit overrated. But he is the best kirby.
Idc about live, i have seen vids of both of them. I think NL i better, whats the prob? im allowed to have an opinion

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
I think Kirby should have phases on the way he fights.

Beginning Phase- Kirby should focus mainly approach with the intentions of grabbing. Once in control utilize mainly F-Throw with either the "u" or "f" air until your opponent is around the 40% damage marker

Middle Phase- This can either be your gimping phase or further your damage until you get a favorable amount of damage to deliver the kill move. Utilizing the "b" air is key to this, as you can rack up tons of damage via "wall of pain".

End Phase- if you didn't choose to gimp opponent during the middle phase its time to utilize the hammer, and your F-smash attacks. When your opponent is about 80% damage or so, you should play close to the edges since Kirby isn't necessarily the "power" type of characters. A key tech on the edge when your opponent is close or lured close enough (do to feinting struggle) you can fight from the edge which is VERY comfortable for Kirby due to his numerous amounts of jumps and choice of attacks. Some options you can use would be releasing edge and following up with a "u" air to knock your opponent from edge (can be used defensively) or releasing from edge to follow with an air hammer. Both options are okay. Once your opponent is in the air you want to take advantage of center stage to keep them relying on the edge for recovery. When your opponent attempts to recover instead of trying to space a attack, simply use your aerials to hit your opponent with a prioritized attack, then pursue for the kill off stage while they are defensless.

Caution because some characters shine off edge i.e. Yoshi, Meta Knight, R.O.B ect.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is this thread still on topic? O_o

Anyway, decent advice Kiwi. It's kinda basic knowledge though. I'ma point out a couple small things:
Grabbing at low percents is nice, but if your opponent is expecting it, you will get punished if you focus entirely on grabbing. Grab if you see an opportunity, use tilts/aerials if you don't.

Gimping is good, but hard to do on smart opponents.

And yeah, fighting near the edge is usually a good idea for Kirby, unless you're at a certain % and your opponent has an easy KO move. And I personally like using Forward air after releasing the edge, but Uair and Hammer work too...and Bair and Dair.

Just please don't turn this into another "who's the best Kirby" thread guys, since one already exists @_@

My signature is so amazing <3
Higurashi is the best, watch it if you like anime, and don't mind violence

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
*Facepalm* Now what possessed u to do this...really...

When ninjalink wins a tourney playin kirby or gets half the standings chudat has gotten maining maybe ill agree with u Suspect...

Besides why exactly is ninjalinks kirby said to be even on par with chudats...he doesnt do anything spectacular...he hasnt beatin any exceptionally great players with his kirby...i dont get it...are u a NL fan:)
Well I dont main him but i have won Losers finals using him only.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Gness...are you a chudat fan? Im allowed to have my opinion.

Just because i said i dont think he has the best kirby doesn't mean he sucks. I guess i should jump on the bandwagon like everyone else huh?

syke

Gnes

Smash Master
Gness...are you a chudat fan? Im allowed to have my opinion.

Just because i said i dont think he has the best kirby doesn't mean he sucks. I guess i should jump on the bandwagon like everyone else huh?

syke
hahaha when we actually meet at a tourney(Hopefully Final Smash V) we should talk bout that question lol i dont wanna start a huge argument(nothin against chu though)

Theres no bandwagon(okay maybe there is:laugh:)but the reason Chu has the title of best isnt because of opinions(hopefully that came out right)but simply because he has better tourney standings against better players than any other kirby mains. Of course its not your placings but who u beat...and he beats the best of the best...thats my reasoning...not based off opinion but hard facts. Honestly i dont see how he does it...considerin our playstyles are very similar yet he succeeds against some characters i cant topple to save my life(**** u snake)

In regards to Nl...his kirby is good..and he does do well with him...ive even taken a little of the strategies he used...but...everyone knows...his diddy is where its at...But of course...u are entitled to your opinion...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
hahaha when we actually meet at a tourney(Hopefully Final Smash V) we should talk bout that question lol i dont wanna start a huge argument(nothin against chu though)

Theres no bandwagon(okay maybe there is:laugh:)but the reason Chu has the title of best isnt because of opinions(hopefully that came out right)but simply because he has better tourney standings against better players than any other kirby mains. Of course its not your placings but who u beat...and he beats the best of the best...thats my reasoning...not based off opinion but hard facts. Honestly i dont see how he does it...considerin our playstyles are very similar yet he succeeds against some characters i cant topple to save my life(**** u snake)

In regards to Nl...his kirby is good..and he does do well with him...ive even taken a little of the strategies he used...but...everyone knows...his diddy is where its at...But of course...u are entitled to your opinion...
I'm tired of my 1 character overclouding every other character i play. Its fuxing stupid.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The thread is slowly derailing because of the Kirby ego syndrome. =^_^=

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm tired of my 1 character overclouding every other character i play. Its fuxing stupid.
*looks at GIF in your signature*
:O

Is this thread still on topic? O_o

Just please don't turn this into another "who's the best Kirby" thread guys, since one already exists @_@
The thread is slowly derailing because of the Kirby ego syndrome. =^_^=
quoted for truth :[

n00bz

Natch, I'll watch those videos later I think

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Going to my first big tournament Saturday so hopefully I'll get some vids. That being said, anybody want to give some advice for playing against ROB?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think you need to calm down ninjakong
What if i called u Usual suspect? Maybe ur called suspect cause ur black? Stop making slurs of my name and say my name straight forward. This is a rate my kirby thread and help me thread not 'who NinjaLink mains thread'. Just quit it.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
What if i called u Usual suspect? Maybe ur called suspect cause ur black? Stop making slurs of my name and say my name straight forward. This is a rate my kirby thread and help me thread not 'who NinjaLink mains thread'. Just quit it.
i wouldn't care, matter fact i would laugh.

i am black >_>

oh no one is disrespecting you we were just joking with you, now if your sense of humor does not like it then just ignore it but im done anyways since u asked me to stop. I was not even saying anything about who u main, i actually had respect for you for using everybody. You where one of my favorite brawl "pros" but now u just seem like ***. But i can get where someone is coming from when they think u main diddy, because when it comes down to a real serious match the almost know you will use diddy.

/rant

EDIT: and yea this is a "help me thread", you don't help anyone here lol matter of fact i even pm u b4 and asked you for help.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
lol yea, N-air is what I'm gonna be watchin for. Whats a good map for him? I know of no bad maps for ROB.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i wouldn't care, matter fact i would laugh.

i am black >_>

oh no one is disrespecting you we were just joking with you, now if your sense of humor does not like it then just ignore it but im done anyways since u asked me to stop. I was not even saying anything about who u main, i actually had respect for you for using everybody. You where one of my favorite brawl "pros" but now u just seem like ***. But i can get where someone is coming from when they think u main diddy, because when it comes down to a real serious match the almost know you will use diddy.

/rant

EDIT: and yea this is a "help me thread", you don't help anyone here lol matter of fact i even pm u b4 and asked you for help.
Entirely false. What im saying is stop thinking i main him and hes my saving grace. That is all im saying. I pick characters due to matchups not because i think 'OMG i have to use him'. Now u wanna call me azz........whats with the disrespect?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
ok i was "wrong" about that so what >_>

the rest was true
Just so u kno. I dealt with this in about 20+ other threads. Wouldnt u think im tired of explaining the same thing over and over? Dont feel like joking about something no one is taking me serious about.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
We know you don't main diddy, like i said they were jokes, but to kill this spam....If you are not gonna help anyone here then there is no more need to post in this topic.

Im sure your name wont be mentioned anymore after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom