• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kick-A Koopa Pep-Talk Thread

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Alright, instead of complaining about our shortcomings or suggesting methods of improvement, this thread is created for a single purpose - to light the flame of passion for Bowser players on all levels.

Suggest/post anything that you find that excites you about Bowser. Exciting, matching tunes, images, youtube vids and such all belong here.

I find that using things like these commonly excite people more than simply playing time-to-time.

The idea is to keep people maining Bowser, and reinforce the pride we have as Boozas/Koopas. Koopa pride indeed, make way for the king!

phate

Smash Apprentice
The bowser forums are so quiet because no one has anything to talk about that matters other than like 4 topics in the history of brawl's life. So instead of talking about how we are all so in love and dedicated to our favoritest character and how cheepo those b spaming meta knights are, lets just l2play. Seriously its like there are less than five bowser mains who aren't 12 year old little boys who "would never stoop so low as to spam a "cheap tactic" or use a top tier character"

phate

Smash Apprentice
Depends on your definition of abusing. Besides that post was not directed only at you, but the rest of the dorks on here wasting peoples time and their own by posting meaningless topics that will never change anything.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Seriously its like there are less than five bowser mains who aren't 12 year old little boys who "would never stoop so low as to spam a "cheap tactic" or use a top tier character"
You know, it was very hard looking at this considering how this is very much true to my experience.
Here are some of the stuff that I face:

Ike: AAA Spammers, Smash Spammers, cheap lucky hits
Falco: CG and laser spammers,
Samus: Z-air spammers, Projectile spammers
Pika: Dsmash "Seizures" (My fancy term for spammers who are desperate, or something like that), Thunder spammers, B spammers
Meta Knight: Tornado Seizures, Dsmash Seizures, plus he's broken
Snake: Mortar Slide Seizures, Tilt spammers, projectile spammers, smash spammers, plus he's broken
Link: Boomerang spammers, projectile spammers, Z-air spammers and grab spammers, rely on D-air in hopes of killing sometimes
Toon Link: Fsmash and projectile spammers, D-air constantly, U-tilt and Usmash spam
Lucario: Excessive use of Dodging and sidestepping, Smash and Aura Sphere spam, Counter spammers arent common, but still
Ganon: Side-B to A spam if i get hit by it, Thunderstorming tech spam
Olimar: Grab spam, etc.
Fox: U-tilt and U-smash spams, Blaster spams, runs away to spam blaster, etc.
Wolf: Dont get me started
G&W: Dont get me started
Diddy: Bananas, what else!?
Marth: Well, F-air may be his common move, but there is a limit before it actually is considered spam, and I fought those like that, Fsmash spam in attempts to connect tipper
ICs: CG spam, etc.
D3: CG spam, etc
Lucas: Projectile spam, D-tilt spam, Fsmash spam, etc.
Ness: When at high damage, B-throw for KOs, Projectile spammers, Smash spammers, etc.
ROB: Projectile spam, Sidestep to Dsmash spam, N-air spam if approached while recovering
Pit: Obvious, but not as annoying as the others in my opinion since I have a lot of experience against Pits, plus I use him.

The list goes on, but I would have to say Snake is perhaps on the top of the list, considering how he is able to attack Bowser from long range, hard to kill, overpowered, heavier than Bowser. It's as if they are toying with Bowser and his poor speed. This also happens to my other chars. I cant stand top tiers (though I have used MK, i have not used him often, and Im not one of those type of spammers).
Ppl should stop doubting Bowser, just because he moves slow. There are good Bowser players around.
Though Pit is my new number 1 main now, due to his versatility, with loopable arrows, REFLECTORS, and amazing recovery, etc. I still use Bowser, and am determined to show the noobs out there that Bowser is a great character.
Did i mention how much I hate Snake?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Did I mention No Johns?
Me and excuses... Now im beginning to hate the "NO Johns" term even though I use it against noobs who usually SD :( ok jk about the hate part.
Anyways NOT all of the problems I listed are complete problems. Ikes are so common that they are quite easy to predict. And, by recreating the Gimpyfish combo on Ike (Gimpy did this to some Ike player named Eric in a vid), makes swift wins.
I personally see MK easier than Snake since Bowser lacks much defense against projectiles.

Yea, I do make some mistakes, but then there are times I die so quickly or to unlikely attacks. Sure, I can hold my own MOST of the time, but then there are times where I fail, leave myself open with an Fsmash and all.
Then we got some campers. Where there is a time that I think Id be punished a lot by charging in, I might ledge camp, and hope for them to come, but then if they are projectile users, they are goin to spam in hopes of making me go after them.
I'll finish this up later...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Then I'd be enraged and more aggressive, like the tyrant Bowser is. :mad:
It's like them complaining how Bowsercide is cheap when it is easily avoided under certain circumstances.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Depends on your definition of abusing. Besides that post was not directed only at you, but the rest of the dorks on here wasting peoples time and their own by posting meaningless topics that will never change anything.
Well YOUR just a regular ball of sunshine

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but complaining about people spamming moves is just johning and scrubish.
I find it noobish that anyone feel compelled to repeat the same move over and over because they can't land anything else and don't know how do anything but.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I find it noobish that you wouldn't find a way around it. And if you have and are still complaining about it then you're just pissing in the wind.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I never said I wouldn't find a way around it, now, did I? If you get walled as Bowser, you're walled. It's necessary to keep yourself from being walled to succeed even in casual play.

That's why I'm saying it's noobish-noobish to spam wildly, and noobish to get locked into a spam. Everything about it is scrubbish.

Top Bottom