• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jeff for Brawl thread! (The best WTF character choice.)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hello and welcome Earthbound fans and fellow board surfers, I am officially starting a thread for one of the best and not too unlikely WTF characters for the under represented franchise that is Earthbound. For those of you who are not aware of who he is, let me fill you in on him:

Who is Jeff?

Jeff is the son of the fames scientist Dr. Andonuts, he lives in a boarding school with his close friend Tony. He is a genius with an intelligence like that of his fathers, he can turn broken equipment into brand new machines. Although he lacks the ability to use PSI like his friends, he is very courageous and cares about his friends; and for what he lacks in PSI he makes up for with his weaponry. Ray Guns, Psi-Counter Units, Slime Generators and the ever dreaded Bottle Rockets, he has quite an arsenal to keep him fighting.

He is the third person to join Ness' team after Paula; and plays an important (if not the most next to Ness) in the games plot.

Why Jeff?

It is actually quite easy to understand; in a recent poll on Starmen.Net, a poll asking "who would you want to be the main character if Ness was not" Jeff overwhelmingly swept the poll. He also placed high in the Japanese poll with the same amount of mentions as Lucas and Claus, he would be a unique fighter unlike Lucas or Ness. He is
also a great WTF character for a series that could use 1-2 more reps. He was already in Melee as a trophy, so as it seems most trophies from Melee are returning, he will be in Brawl one way or another. Lastly, since Ness, Paula (Lucas uses the same moveset as Ness) and Poo (Pk Starstorm) have all but been disconfirmed as of right now, Nintendo probably will not forget to represent the game that made the Mother series so popular in the first place. So the odds are favorable for Jeff.

What kind of moveset would he have?

I will give my best shot at doing this, his moveset would make use of his measuring equipment, his technology and rare physical combat moves:

Jeff
Attack: ***
Defense: **
Speed: ***
Jump: **

Intro: The Sky Runner comes shaking downwards from the sky, than crashes on the stage. Rubble is left behind and Jeff walks forward, all burnt and black; shakes it off and airs his coat.

A: gives a short jab
AA: follows up the jab with another jab
AAA: butts head

tilt forward A: swipes a ruler
tilt down A: shoots a ray gun energy wave toward the bottom
tilt up A: cuts upward with a protractor

smash forward A: swings a toolbox forward
smash down A: swipes around the floor with a broken pipe
smash up A: drills upward in the air with

aerial A: does a simple punch
aerial up A: swings wrench upward
aerial down A: uses an empty toolbox to smash downwards
aerial forward A: spins in a cirlcle while wielding a gear
aerial back A: kicks backward

B: Insecticide Spray - shakes a can and sprays forward, causes little knockback, but continous damage is caused.
forward B: Slime Generator - a tad slower, but can cause your opponent to move slower if not at all.
up B: Ruler - a tether recovery, Jeffs handy ruler can save him from death and help him measure the stage.
down B: Shield Generator - causes a green shield to appear in front of you, reflects energy and element based attacks.

throw forward: blasts the opponent with an energy circle propelling them forward.
throw up: puts them on a rocket and shoots them into the sky.
throw down: smashes them with a hammer.
throw back: spins them backwards with his ruler.

Taunt 1: puts one hand in his coat and fixes his glasses.
Taunt 2: pulls out a DS and scribbles on it, than puts it back.
Taunt 3: straightens out his coat and giggles.

Final Smash: Multi Bottle Rockets - once he grabs the Smash Ball, he places several big bottle rockets into the ground, giggles to himself and the rockets shoot upward
offscreen. Than missles shoot across the stage horizontally and will curve up and down, and once they hit a character it explodes and causes a semi-big blast. The downfall to this is sometimes one of the rockets will short circuit and when they go upward, they blow up instantly.

Alternate Colors: A white "scientist" look, a black pallete, a red and blue pallete, a green "cyber" pallete, and a silver "robot" pallete.

Stage: Winters - a snowy stage that is on a cliff, a high stage; you have the traditional "Battlefield" platform setup. Except arranged differently; Tessies head will pop up from where the lake is to the right and her head can be used as an extra platform. Bubble Monkey will also float in ALA Tingle; the stage music will also be a remix of Winters theme.

My Music: Snowman (Mother 1; Boarding House in Mother 2,) Battle of a Mechanical Opponnent, Sanctuary Guardians battle theme, Twoson, Kraken of the Sea.

A few interesting points: I have a few little interesting notes I would like to point out.

1: The music "Snowman" comes from Mother 1, but in Earthbound it is the music for the Boarding House of Jeffs'.
2: Hirokazu Tanaka (Donkey Kong) is the original musician who did the Earthbound soundtrack.

---------------------------------------------

That is about all I can think of, hope you have enjoyed my ideas for Jeff; I hope I made some Jeff fans today and lets hope that even if Ness may not be coming back, we can still look forward to having another Earthbound (Mother 2) representative.

I am also looking for some assistance to help run the thread so if you are interested just say so and I will PM you, also if someone can create a Jeff support add on it would be appreciated. I will be currently be trying to improve this as much as possible, so any positive critique is welcome.

Anyone coming here to just to be a troll or flame people will not be welcomed, just open up your minds to the possibility and lets discuss it as civilized as possible. :)

Top Bottom