• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Obligatory Roster Count Mess-Up

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In Melee it was Sheik (25 or 26 characters?)
In Brawl it got worse as it was even more blurry of weather the Pokemon Trainer's Mon counted as separate characters. (35, 37 or 39 characters?)
With multi-moveset characters dropped I thought this would be a thing of the past but now the Mii Fighters make this uncertain.

On the menu they count as three but when you can't use them online does that mean they count as zero?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I've heard them say that Mii's will have their own special slot like they do in most games they appear in. So they might not be present on the main roster but somewhere on the side I guess....

They will probably be counted as three separate characters though...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Honestly I don't think it matters whether or not you can't use them online because while Smash 4 is likely to have a superior netcode and people will play that a bunch, in the end we're still going to have plently local fights let's be honest, given how bad Brawl's online was we had to adapt more to local play because that was the best way to play and I don't think that's going away anytime soon with or without good online.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
The thing about the Pokemon and also Zelda/Sheik is that their unity as a character left them incomplete individually, with a whole special move being used just to switch. That's not the case with the Mii Fighters.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think they safely count as zero, being functionally either unusable or infinite.

Top Bottom