• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Newcomer needs a coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleDoo

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, DangleDoo here, I decided I'd make an account on the forums here since I've been reading tons of guide and trying to figure out who I want to focus on since I have been streaming Smash 4. Majority of my viewers who have been playing against me in Smash are amazing! Some are spammy but then theirs one person (Yelloshi) who obviously plays Yoshi and knows what he is doing. So where I'm going with the topic here is I'm looking for someone to train with and teach me the ways of the Smash, I do have my own discord server if you're willing to use voice chat and spar. I haven't settled on a main yet since I'm trying everyone out. I have played the old smash games starting with 64 but I didn't take it seriously considering I only played with cousins and what not. Hope to hear from you guys soon. :]

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hm... do you have any characters you like in the game?

DangleDoo

Smash Rookie
I was trying out Bowser Jr and Megaman. At the moment I might look into meta knight to be honest, not really caring about the tiering at the moment knowing that ZSS and Sheik are high tier picks.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I'd suggest sticking with Bowser Jr. and seeing what you can do with him. I know it might seem biased since he's my main guy, but once you learn the character and what you can do with him, you can really make people sweat and make great things happen. He's kind of a tough character to actually master with all his movement and how easy it is to suicide or get gimped, but it's well worth knowing/playing the character. I'm actually heading back to university tomorrow where I'll have great wired internet with my LAN adapter, I'm more than willing to hop on and spar with you and help you to get better.

I'm currently #13 on my state's PR, and one of our top 3 players is a Yoshi player as well, so I've played against high level Yoshi.

Last edited:

DangleDoo

Smash Rookie
Sounds good to me Abyssal, if you'd like to get in contact with me you can always add me on NNID which is the same name as my user name here.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was trying out Bowser Jr and Megaman. At the moment I might look into meta knight to be honest, not really caring about the tiering at the moment knowing that ZSS and Sheik are high tier picks.
As a starter, I highly recommend you Mario, don't ignore because you know him. He's really an easy character to use.

ZSS and Sheik are hard to use for beginner, not to mention to get good with. And Bowser Jr... one of the characters I don't like in Smash, so no comment.

DangleDoo

Smash Rookie
I've seen what Mario can do such as his easy combo which was upT upT UpB, but I'll think about it. I wanna play a character that isn't someone I recognize the most from previous games, also the fact that I'm very indecisive is the worst characteristics about me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom