• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Uair kill combo possibly

Freakzoid9000MS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lukeduke5456
So, I found this last night to test out if MK could do anything cool out of his new Uair and I came across this. Note: from my testing so far, it works consistently on fast fallers and big characters. This also seems to be very situational and can possibly be DI'd out of. But, if this is in fact guaranteed, oh boy the possibilities. I will try to find new and optimal combos with this new Uair and post them here. Anyways, here it is. https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Re...imHMogkcds91asNaME6VmqSAY8F-zn4OIasEJNy-IZkbg

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
So, I found this last night to test out if MK could do anything cool out of his new Uair and I came across this. Note: from my testing so far, it works consistently on fast fallers and big characters. This also seems to be very situational and can possibly be DI'd out of. But, if this is in fact guaranteed, oh boy the possibilities. I will try to find new and optimal combos with this new Uair and post them here. Anyways, here it is. https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Re...imHMogkcds91asNaME6VmqSAY8F-zn4OIasEJNy-IZkbg
I've now seen multiple variations of that and it looks super scary. This could actually be a good thing...

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
After a bit of personal testing, I'm starting to think that MK's combos can still work, but you really have to be on your toes when it comes to following for the kill. -and I'm sure there are specific DI patterns that can get you out of both Shuttle Loop and carries to the edge, so while MK is potentially better for his larger option pool, they're both slightly less reliable than previous, so I think that really has to be kept in mind.

Triburos

Smash Cadet
di awayyyyyyy
To be fair, this does look inescapable. DI doesn't come into effect until you enter freefall, tumble, whatever you wanna call it. By the time you're hit by the foot, in this situation it's already too late.

However, yeah, this has been my concern for MK ever since the new patch. Outside of these specific percentages that keep enemies out of tumble for the first few hits, there still seems to be misconceptions as to weither or not U-Air strings can be DI'd out of now, and to be honest it seems like it.

In my book, a new rule of thumb; don't expect to link more than 2 U-Airs by this point if opponents are beginning to enter tumble.

But hey, I could be wrong. But the new trajectory of U-Air just looks too wonky to set up for kills now in most cases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom