• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Scottish Thread!

L-J

Smash Ace
Yo FranK, not sure about brawl to be honest mate I only know of melee players- however I'll let the edinburgh guys know you posted here.

Haven't played the new guy yet, I don't know his name either, just some guy who apparently has won tournaments in Glasgow that a friend of mine knows, and they think its going to be an amazing battle... gonna be funny
Loooool. We've all been there. Wish him luck from me ;)

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Cheers man it'd be nice to play some people for a change, never played melee before though i'll have a wee look for a copy when i get the chance might just have to ebay it, so is their a fairly active melee community in Edinburgh then?
Yeah the melee scene is quite active here in edinburgh :) you shud play its way better than brawl

:phone:

jalued

Smash Lord
I'm kind of new to SSBB (competitively) and just wondered if there was any smash scene at all in Edinburgh, never heard of any tourneys or anything going on just wondered if anyone knew of anything going on. Would be awesome if their was as no-one i know likes SSB so I'm limited to wifi at the moment.
welcome to the scottish scene. there are 3 of us in edinburgh who play it regularly. We all play melee though (and I enjoy Project M as well). We are planning to meet up on sunday for a smashfest thing If you would like to come along (as long as fortune cookie is ok with that ofc)

FranK

Smash Rookie
I think ill have to wait til the next one which is a shame didn't realise id have so much studying to do for exams. once there done though ill definitely be able to

:phone:

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
haha smashwiki...i didn't know paul was the golden boy of smash. and AC legend.... who calls you that?

anyway smashfest soon? i'm thinking within the next 2 weeks.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
qwester i have heard of your legend. Come to edinburgh and teach me your womanizing ways and I'll school you in smash :)

I think this is the most activity this thread has had in years O.o

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Womanising? lol, what have you heard.. this is all news to me!

I use to live in Edinburgh, I live in California now though. :(

Edit: Maybe I haven't played in 2-3 years, but I could probably still teach you a few things ;)

Mr P

Smash Ace
I'd like to play but i dont know when coz i am pretty busy with uni now, i'll let you guys know.

Q, wow bit of a surprise. Tell me about your life, are you on facebook ?

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the last three years I've:
Quit my job
Started my own business
Got married
Moved to CA
Got a dog

Crazy times. Yeah, I'm on facebook -- pm me yours and I'll add you (same for anyone else in the UK scene I use to know!)

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I guess I wouldn't mind trying out Melee. I have exams in 2 weeks though.

If you guys are organising anything during Christmas break, I'd be down.

Kupo Rose

Dunno if I'm willing to travel all the way down South when there's no Brawl.

We'll see. :nifty:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yo Kupo, the Birmingham event will also have Project:M if you're interested. The event should be fun either way, but I understand not travelling if the game you enjoy isn't there.

Kupo Rose

Oh I've no doubt the atmosphere would be great. I'm still undecided. Looking at prices.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
hey jack welcome to the scottish thread! good to see some new players around...unless you're a lurker who's just been burrowed for a really long time :D. do you play melee or brawl?

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
hey jack welcome to the scottish thread! good to see some new players around...unless you're a lurker who's just been burrowed for a really long time :D. do you play melee or brawl?
Kind of lurk around the board. I'm a giant competitive player in brawl and I was planning on hosting something in Dundee this year now that I'm 16. Scotland is very poor for Brawl reputation and it's mostly melee people play here. Unfortunately, I've never picked up melee before.

Top Bottom