• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ruleset is out!

TP

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

The most important thing is the new stage list. Here are the changes:

Delfino moved to counter from starter/counter.
Distant Planet moved to counter/banned from counter.
Luigi's Mansion moved to counter/banned from counter.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) moved to counter/banned from counter.
Norfair moved to counter/banned from counter.
Corneria banned.
Green Hill Zone banned.
Mario Circuit banned.
Onett banned.
Skyworld banned.

So guys, how does this affect Ganondorf? I was happy to see Pirate Ship still in counter, but Norfair's movement is unsettling. I think it will still be allowed in most tournaments. I never liked Corneria, and losing 4 walk-offs is good news. Shame that we won't be starting with Delfino anymore. I am happy that Luigi's Mansion is out of pure counter, since MK ***** us there.

If you are curious, Norfair got 16 votes for CP and 10 votes for ban. Pirate Ship got 18 for CP and 4 for ban, making it in with an odd lack of difficulty. Both Port Town and Yoshi's Island would have been banned had they gotten one less counterpick vote each.

Sadly they did not include a rule saying to treat Ganoncide as a win for Ganon. However, most tournaments play it that way already, so it is no big deal.

Your thoughts?

:034:

Smash Hero
Green Hill Zone banned
Justice has been served.

In my opinion, the American stageset is dumb. I think a lot of the choices for counters are just... stupid. No good ruleset should include those ****ty stages like Pokémon Stadium 2 and Pictochat. Our ruleset (Dutch one) is very conservative and I like it that way (although we're broading our counters now. Rainbow Cruise might be added, for instance). Heck, I've never seen a tourney match played on some of the stages shown in the previous ruleset.

Also, Norfair has always been banned here. And I believe that the one doing a suicide move is always the winner... But I'm not sure about that one.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Can't really see why Norfair moved, and it is indeed concerning for Ganny.
Other than that the new ruleset doesn't affect Ganon in the least.
And I think that when Bowser get's the match when he Claws the opponent, Ganondorf should too when he Gerudos (which is unclear for me in the ruleset).
Pictochat and Pokémon Stadium 2 shouldn't be counters imo, it takes away too much of the gameplay.
Also, I don't see why Pirate Ship should be a counter (though it's a nice stage for Ganon), the bombs alone are enough for a ban imo.

TP

Smash Master
And I think that when Bowser get's the match when he Claws the opponent, Ganondorf should too when he Gerudos (which is unclear for me in the ruleset).
Bowser is given the win because whether he wins or goes to sudden death is determined by controller port. Ganon is not based solely on controller port, so they do not automatically give him the win he could not otherwise achieve under any circumstance. However, most tournaments will indeed give Ganon the win anyway, so it is ultimately irrelevant.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Justice has been served.

In my opinion, the American stageset is dumb. I think a lot of the choices for counters are just... stupid. No good ruleset should include those ****ty stages like Pokémon Stadium 2 and Pictochat. Our ruleset (Dutch one) is very conservative and I like it that way (although we're broading our counters now. Rainbow Cruise might be added, for instance). Heck, I've never seen a tourney match played on some of the stages shown in the previous ruleset.

Also, Norfair has always been banned here. And I believe that the one doing a suicide move is always the winner... But I'm not sure about that one.
There's a huge difference between PS2 and Pictochat. One involves stupid physics and conveyor belts that **** over (read: kill) certain characters and not others. The other has well-behaved stage transformations that, oh no, sometimes involve walls for a few seconds.

As to what this will change: Basically nothing. No one runs SBR tournaments; people do their own thing.

I can't believe Mario Circuit and GHZ weren't banned before. :freak:

Top Bottom