• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Kid on the block.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Hey Smashboards! I'm Probalo, and I'm interested in competitive smash. I've been playing Pokemon competitively for about a year and EVO 2014 made my interest in Smash peak. Ever since EVO, I've been practicing, training, finding mains and getting the hang of the game. I've already joined my local Smash facebook page. How else can I get into Smash?

McStylo

Smash Rookie
NNID
McStylo
3DS FC
2020-0268-7687
Hello! Welcome to the Smashboards! I am quite new myself, but anyway welcome to the site!

I'll give you some advice and stuff, but I am kind of new too so my advice might not be that helpful you know. You should practice often. It's like any other thing you try to get well in, but it's a lot more fun :). Also you can try to go to some local tournaments! Also try to learn your character and it's move sets, and try to predict your opponent's next move. It's all very complicated, but I am sure you can get the hang of it!

Also,
  1. Who are you planning on maining?
  2. What are you using? Brawl or Project M?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to SWF Probalo!

You've actually already taken two great steps into the Smash community. 1) You're getting involved with your local community, 2) You've joined Smashboards!

With your local community, you could practice with them to prepare for tournaments that are nearby. Other than that, becoming active around the forums should increase your knowledge of the game as there is plenty to learn from the topics around here.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Hello! Welcome to the Smashboards! I am quite new myself, but anyway welcome to the site!

I'll give you some advice and stuff, but I am kind of new too so my advice might not be that helpful you know. You should practice often. It's like any other thing you try to get well in, but it's a lot more fun :). Also you can try to go to some local tournaments! Also try to learn your character and it's move sets, and try to predict your opponent's next move. It's all very complicated, but I am sure you can get the hang of it!

Also,
  1. Who are you planning on maining?
  2. What are you using? Brawl or Project M?
I don't think I'm quite proficient enough to compete in tournaments, but I'm getting there! :b:

1. At the moment, I'm maining Sheik, but I really like Lucario. I'm stuck between them.
2. I play Project M, some Brawl and Smash 64. Once I get my hands on a copy of Melee, I'll definitely get into that.

McStylo

Smash Rookie
NNID
McStylo
3DS FC
2020-0268-7687
I don't think I'm quite proficient enough to compete in tournaments, but I'm getting there! :b:

1. At the moment, I'm maining Sheik, but I really like Lucario. I'm stuck between them.
2. I play Project M, some Brawl and Smash 64. Once I get my hands on a copy of Melee, I'll definitely get into that.
It's fine you'll get there eventually! I am not either, but it's just good to get the experience of a tournament so you know what it's like. Getting your butt kicked is fine, it'll only make you better! :b:

Also that's a really good choices for mains!

Alright so that sounds good! I am glad you got all those.
I wish you the best of luck on getting the copy of Melee, and your training! I am sure you'll become really great! :)

Top Bottom