• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New gods of melee

Yourself

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
MAX#967
Aren't we in a new era of melee. I'll explain myself but first let me introduce the legend of the five gods. It was 5 players that were a step ahead the competition, 5 players that no one could beat other then the gods themselves. But today it's not true anymore look at leffen, zain, plup, axe and wizzy, 5 players that all won a major against one of the five "old" gods. Do you see where i'm going ? Aren't they the "new" gods of melee, players that have proven their ability to win consistently against the 5 gods, players that can be as good as the "old" gods. Players that are almost unbeatable, like the first gods. And to comfirm my theory let's imagine and pretend that none of the five gods were still competing nowadays, those 5 players would be the best am i wrong ? That's why i was wondering about it. It doesn't seem to be a bad scenario.
If you read this let me know what do you think about it. Thx for reading

20GXHelios

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FLU#991
Switch FC
SW-6062-7149-7325
gods r an outdated concept and have been ever since pp retired and there was a 2nd godslayer (plup)
also your 'new gods' are quite beatable. wizzy lost to ryobeat at genesis lol

the 5 gods were the 5 gods because they won every important tournament for YEARS with no one breaking that streak until leffen. if the 5 you're proposing joined a tournament that also had hbox, mang0, amsa, cody, s2j, etc. it wouldnt be a clear cut victory for those 5. even excluding hbox and mang0 most top 15 or even 20 (hax$ comes to mind) players can give all 5 a run for their money.

the 5 gods is an interesting storyline but is archaic and i think the obsession with 'replacing' them is unnecessary and honestly probably unhealthy for spectators. but hey, ive been in your shoes before ive probably said a very similar thing 2-3 years ago with different players. i just disagree at this point in my life. and i dont think it really matters either way, the game is still very fun to watch and play :) have fun speculating abt this stuff if u want its not gonna hurt anyone

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I think of is as more that the pantheon has gained players- Leffen, Plup, and now Zain.

Top Bottom