• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Falcon Guide By.... You?

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Hi again!

So yeah, now that I'm getting back into Melee I'd like to update my guide since I was a n00b when I made it... Well, half noob... Half uber pro... All action

I was thinking maybe some of you guys if you want, can offer advice on certain parts like you experiences with matchups. I'll give full credit of course, but there are so many different ways to play Falcon, I'd like as much input as possible.

G-reg plays very differently from me (And by differently, I actually mean "better") and I'd like his input... Vall3y, Tapion, all the super gosus out there. Anyone really assuming you know what you're talking about.

This idea is still up in the air, and I don't even know if anyone would want to do it. I think overall it'd make for a very nice guide and a VERY UNIQUE one since there are no other ones like it on the boards to my knowledge. Most are written from one persons perspective based on their experiences which is usually not as much as like 10 people put together (Except maybe Cunning Kitsune...).I'll post more about this later. I have to go flip burgers for minimum wage...

YEHS!

Edit: Format would be something like

Matchups

1. Luigi

G-Regulate- Well I like to knee him because it has a lot of power!

AngeloBangelo- Knee is Ok vs him but I mainly like to taunt against him

Tapion013- In my experience the only way to kill a good Luigi is by spamming the rapid punch until he falls off from embarrassment

^--- These quotes are very very very fake.... I would also like the explanations SLIGHTLY more indepth. Maybe like mine right now, like a short paragraph.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions on the new guide but I think this is a very unique style and plus I erased all the additions I was going to make when I "swore off" Melee... Yeah. Well... That's not happening apparently.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
sounds like a good idea
im flattered i am mantioned and ill be glad to help where i can

halfDemon

Smash Lord
A fantastic idea really. I would also like for stage picks and counterpicks to be included. I.E.:
CF vs. IC: ban- Final Destination... reasoning... counterpick- Pokemon Stadium... reasoning...
Cool idea.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
A fantastic idea really. I would also like for stage picks and counterpicks to be included. I.E.:
CF vs. IC: ban- Final Destination... reasoning... counterpick- Pokemon Stadium... reasoning...
Cool idea.
That's an awesome idea as well. I'm writing these down in MS word so I can remember them. Any suggestions welcome. I've never seen Duke play, but he's been here for a while so I'd assume he doesn't suck.

Some peoples input I'd like to get off the top of my head would be:
Vall3y, G-reg, DYC, Helios, Tapion... Those are the only people I can think of that really post here. If there are more, please tell me. If you would like to offer answers/input as well I'll probably let you do it if you could send me a vid or something just so I can see if you're any good. I mean, I don't want to be handing out advice from someone who thinks Luigi is a fastfaller or something.... :ohwell:

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Also Azen, Darkrain, Isai, Captain Jack, Anden.

I am flattered, Doc, but I am by no means PRO. I think I am a very knowledgeable falcon player but I am only restricted by my lack of transportation. I could see myself becoming a very very good falcon player if I could work my up by playing better and better players..

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that you're one of the best Falcons in the country or anything, but you do know a lot of percents that you can do a move (ie 42% Dair to Marth>Shffl'd knee) which the other person can't get out of, I just thought that would be a very good thing to add to the FaQ, but it might not be very important to people who win tons of tourneys already.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I'll throw down where I know something, but ... I learned everything I know from smashboards lol. Mostly I'll help out in the vs. Yoshi department.

Ban: Fountain of Dreams. Why? 'cuz Falcon sucks on FoD.
Counterpick: FD, Yoshi has less places to run, + grabs >>> Yoshi.
What 2 do: Do moves until Yoshi shields, then grab.
What 2 don't: Get downsmashed, or juggled. If you are getting juggled (uair juggles are pretty beast vs. Falcon) Smash DI in the opposite direction of the Yoshi's momentum and escape. Remember to walltech, and don't get grabbed (lol!).
Combos: Everything combos into everything up to 6 times at any percent (uair requires minimum 30% or so lol), Yoshi is so owned by combos.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I'll throw down where I know something, but ... I learned everything I know from smashboards lol. Mostly I'll help out in the vs. Yoshi department.

Ban: Fountain of Dreams. Why? 'cuz Falcon sucks on FoD.
Counterpick: FD, Yoshi has less places to run, + grabs >>> Yoshi.
What 2 do: Do moves until Yoshi shields, then grab.
What 2 don't: Get downsmashed, or juggled. If you are getting juggled (uair juggles are pretty beast vs. Falcon) Smash DI in the opposite direction of the Yoshi's momentum and escape. Remember to walltech, and don't get grabbed (lol!).
Combos: Everything combos into everything up to 6 times at any percent (uair requires minimum 30% or so lol), Yoshi is so owned by combos.
Well... Here's what I want to do.... I'll send a PM to people who want to contibute to the guide with whatever information they can give me assuming it's pretty decent. If you tell me that Falcon ***** Falco on FD because he can't hide anywhere or if you tell me that Black Falcon has an advantage over Pink Falcon (It's the other way around) in the mirror match, your info is garbage and you need to l2pkthx. But yeah, send me a PM with what have experience with (vs yoshi in this case) and I'll note it, and when I'm remaking the guide, I'll ask you specific questions for Falcon vs Yoshi and you can help me out!

Thanks to anyone who is willing to participate in this. :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I will assist being the best cf in my state! Send me a pm with what you need tips on for the guide!

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I will assist being the best cf in my state! Send me a pm with what you need tips on for the guide!
Now why would you have your title as "Banned (6 points)"? I just got ****ing mindgamed.

Also: Ok, I'll send you a PM when I'm writing the guide.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
AB hint look at the location. That is what it is for. I am like jesus, you think I am dead then bam! I am back!

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Hey angelo. Luigi is a fastfaller...If you spike him my friend...esp the nipple spike.

I was gonna suggest you also put hitboxes in.
Ie the dair has 2 hit boxes, the chest/head and the leg, and the knee's hitbox is just that..the knee, so you can talk about the backwards knees...etc etc..and be sure to include something about getting aroudn falco's lasers..that would be really nice to see.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about character matchups and can give a lot of input about the game. I've debated with other guys about Falcon on MBM (granted that was a gamefaq's board . . .) though my experience/skills aren't anything to really grab about.

Top Bottom