• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The mysterious bandit of all things shiny, Popple joins the fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856

Coming in from his first appearance in Mario and Luigi Super Star Sega, Popple makes his entrance and empties his bag to make room for the spoils plundered in the universe of Smash!

No doubt some of these items and merchandise can fetch a pretty penny back in the Bean Bean Kingdom...

Discuss character and potential move sets!

One attack that I will make up on the spot is using his bag to throw randomized objects at characters.

Another potential attack could be calling in Rookie!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I laughed when I saw the title. I'll support. He'd be my favorite thief-centered Mario character. Over that dirty rabbit traitorous jerkwad named Nabbit.

Groose

Smash Champion
Well... let's just say that he has relevancy on his side, whereas Fawful doesn't. ;)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd say both Fawful and Popple are fairly relevant. Fawful is a seconday antagonist in SS, a shopkeeper in PiT and the main antagonist in Bis. Popple made the most recent game though, and they both have potential.

If you make a supporters list, add me to it. Though Popple or Fawful would more likely get in as Assist Trophies, and it's not hard for me to imagine Popple getting in this way.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Honestly, if Fawful became a character, Popple would most likely be a skin.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I love Popple but if the Mario & Luigi series get a rep it'll be Fawful as he's more important to the series.

Fawful himself looks sketchy....so it doesn't say much for popples chances.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Popple!

I loved him in SuperStar Saga and I FREAKING LOVE his battle theme.

I'm supporting him, see? :awesome:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Whatever happens I hope we get some music from the mario rpgs included in the game as battle music. A remastered popple theme would be awesome.

Personally I find the mario rpg music more interesting than the usual mario tunes, they're mega catchy.

Seriously if they added a bunch of the paper mario 64 boss themes I would be over the moon, the mario rpgs have so many potential tunes.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Another potential attack could be calling in Rookie!

But Isn't Rookie Bowser, but with amnesia?

I don't know about Poople being playable, but I'd like him to appear as an Assist Trophy. Possibly along with Croco from SMRPG. (if he isn't owned by Square, that is) He has some funny quotes. "Boo stupid hoo!"

I know I made a typo with Popple's name, but Poop-le is funny, so there.

----

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
The OP has no mention of his return in Dream Team. Lolwut?
I'm aware. He appeared when you fight the Wiggler. I just didn't think to mention him?

I don't own the game though, so I wouldn't know every which way he appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom