• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Multi-Man Mode Thread!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
This is a thread where you can talk about the multi-man modes. Which is your favorite? Least favorite? Any cool tricks for these modes? Share these things here! Remember, the multi-man modes in Smash 4 are:

10-Man Smash
100-Man Smash
3-Minute Smash
Endless Smash
Rival Smash
Cruel Smash

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Cruel Smash - Jump off the stage, teleport back onto it with Zelda and watch the Mii's die. Good times.

pmort

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is common knowledge around these parts yet, but in Cruel Smash for the Lucina challenge, if you go to the right hand side, hang off the ledge, drop down when they approach, jump into the "armpit" of the underside of the island, and then do u-special at the height of the jump, her sword will catch some of them on the upper side, doing light damage. Do this enough times you'll build it up where it will knock them around, sometimes backward, and their ineptitude at getting back on the stage will take them out.

This isn't foolproof, still took me a couple of tries and I barely survived on that try, but it does give you a really good chance of clearing it. Probably the biggest thing to watch out for is when they try jumping back on and don't use you as a springboard. That's what nearly knocked me out on my final attempt, but I u-specialed just in time so the guy who stomped me fell off first.

I'm having a hell of a time in Rival Smash. I love the idea, and wish they'd left this open for two players to compete against each other, but the challenges associated with it can go to hell. Especially the 4 KOs of your rival.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Not sure if this is common knowledge around these parts yet, but in Cruel Smash for the Lucina challenge, if you go to the right hand side, hang off the ledge, drop down when they approach, jump into the "armpit" of the underside of the island, and then do u-special at the height of the jump, her sword will catch some of them on the upper side, doing light damage. Do this enough times you'll build it up where it will knock them around, sometimes backward, and their ineptitude at getting back on the stage will take them out.

This isn't foolproof, still took me a couple of tries and I barely survived on that try, but it does give you a really good chance of clearing it. Probably the biggest thing to watch out for is when they try jumping back on and don't use you as a springboard. That's what nearly knocked me out on my final attempt, but I u-specialed just in time so the guy who stomped me fell off first.

I'm having a hell of a time in Rival Smash. I love the idea, and wish they'd left this open for two players to compete against each other, but the challenges associated with it can go to hell. Especially the 4 KOs of your rival.
Getting 8 KOs with Lucina is even easier using her counter. Hang off the edge, get back up, use counter, send 3-4 of them to their death in one hit. It still takes some practice because you have to line them up right, but it's the best strategy I've seen, and it's what I used to beat that one.

I was about to throw my controller through the wall trying to get 4 KOs in Rival Smash until I got desperate and switched to Kirby. I floated around the stage and just repeatedly hit the other Kirby with Stone rather than trying to engage him directly. Add in some direct hits with smart bombs and POW blocks, and some damage from the Miis, and I ended up getting 5 KOs in one game, when I was lucky to get 2 with anyone else.

pmort

Smash Cadet
Getting 8 KOs with Lucina is even easier using her counter. Hang off the edge, get back up, use counter, send 3-4 of them to their death in one hit. It still takes some practice because you have to line them up right, but it's the best strategy I've seen, and it's what I used to beat that one.

I was about to throw my controller through the wall trying to get 4 KOs in Rival Smash until I got desperate and switched to Kirby. I floated around the stage and just repeatedly hit the other Kirby with Stone rather than trying to engage him directly. Add in some direct hits with smart bombs and POW blocks, and some damage from the Miis, and I ended up getting 5 KOs in one game, when I was lucky to get 2 with anyone else.
Will have to try that out with Lucina. I was trying to get countering down for her, that's what I did on the 3DS but using Ike, but wasn't having much luck.

And I just did Rival smash with Kirby and that did the trick. I actually wasn't having much luck with the stone drop, but I floated about and pecked at him when I could, and used his charged hammer and got off some (admittedly lucky) shots. Thanks much.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
My Ganondorf is to up 15 KOs in Cruel Smash. Here's my notes for Ganondorf and the mode in general:

1) Note where they Miis spawn. If you restart, they will ALWAYS come in in those spots at first. Determine if they all bunch up or there are safe spots.

2) Either aim for them all with an UAir, or get to safety on the other side.

3) Miis in this mode aren't very aggressive at all. Your most common hits will come from Brawlers approaching you from the air, or the last hit of a Gunner's FSmash (Note: if the main part is missing you barely, shield as it ends. The last hit has a longer hitbox).

4) If any Miis come within range, DSmash to pull them in and send them off. When recovering, the only 'offensive' move they'll ever use are footstools (and unlike Brawl, you do NOT want to be footstooled). If a Mii recovers high (the only one that can get back on stage), jump and UAir him to confirm the kill.

5) Unlike Brawl, your ledge attack CANNOT send any Miis offstage. The 'Alloy Exploit' is gone, but a ledge attack can still deal a little damage and make some of them roll towards you so you can DSmash them for more KOs.

6) If a Mii spawns above you, note the type quickly and choose the appropriate response:
Brawler/Gunner: Uses DAir to hit you as you stand. Jump and UAir preemptively, or spot dodge and DSmash.
Swordsman: Uses DAir. Due to the landing having a hitbox, roll and find some way out of the area, then hit with something, even just a jab.

7) Avoid clanking/clashing with attacks. Thanks to their ridiculous damage potential, you'll be stuck in the animation for what feels like ages, unable to do anything.

Top Bottom