• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most unexpected thing I have EVER seen in my life

ook

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=4957]The most unexpected thing I have EVER seen in my life[/drupal]

I posted this same blog on AiB, but I figured you guys would get a kick out of this, since User Blogs often talks about... life/death and stuff.

So my grandpa died recently... today was the wake.

A very classy, standard funeral home.

So we were there, setting up tables in the downstairs basement area for food and stuff. The funeral director was like "Set up anywhere you like, just keep this door clear." It was a plain employee-looking door that said "Private". I figured it was a utility closet or laundry room or something. But just out of curiosity, I asked him what was behind the door.

He said, "Oh that's the nine-hole miniature golf course and arcade."

So we were like "Haha, oh right."

"Wanna see it?"

"...sure"

So he opens the door.......

WHAT

THE

LMAOOO

They had Mario Bros (the one the brawl stage is based on), Space Invaders, pinball machines, a bunch of other games, all in the original cabinets. Ping pong, fooseball, pool, SHUFFLEBOARD. WTF!!!
And this was all behind some unassuming door in the bottom of a completely legit, random funeral home in Palatine. We had no idea it was there when we booked it. It was like something out of Willy Wonka or Chronicles of Narnia... a whole different world behind that door. O.o

Apparently it's world famous; talk shows from Japan and stuff have come there to shoot episodes. We had no idea... we just picked this place.

I did NOT expect that. That was the most surprising thing EVER.

Man I am so sorry about your grandfath-- OH MY GOD MARIO BROS AND MINI GOLF YAAAAAY!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think that's a pretty novel way to make such a depressing job a little more bearable.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ook... that's so random lol

Teran sums it up pretty well, not too much else to be said

Top Bottom