• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most meanest way to kill Ike

whoami111

Smash Rookie
if he tries to recover to the edge by using quick draw, instead of edgehogging, you can jump in front of him and air dodge. this will make Ike shorten his quick draw range and most likely he will die.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
True, but typically if you plan to recover with QD you typically ahve to plan for this contingency. I try to avoid QD recovers when the edge is being guarded or if it is I will just QD much higher than them. Typically they have to predict when you will release it to do it right since QD moves pretty fast. So you have to mix things up to keep them from predicting your release.

whoami111

Smash Rookie
True, but typically if you plan to recover with QD you typically ahve to plan for this contingency. I try to avoid QD recovers when the edge is being guarded or if it is I will just QD much higher than them. Typically they have to predict when you will release it to do it right since QD moves pretty fast. So you have to mix things up to keep them from predicting your release.
its not that hard to predict. if you know your opponent is too far away to recover with aether, you know what they will do. and if you think they will hold their QD, just Fair them, or don't air dodge. Just jump infront of ike take the hit. You would just take some minor damage in exchange for ike's death.

AlexX

Smash Ace
You would just take some minor damage in exchange for ike's death.
It's a risk if you're at higher percentages, though. It doesn't kill as well as most of his moves, but it can still have some decent knockback if you've been taking some blows from him already.

Top Bottom