• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most amazing Mario tech!

Do you hunk this tech will change the meta game?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Not likely, but possible

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Seems to spammy...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definetly!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

After watching Relax Alaxs video with Ness techniques,I found something similar to one of those techs... but with Mario.To preform this, just do the same as he does in technique (the tech where dashing and using His Side b near the ledge),But with Marios Side B.( or side 1 if you use a wiimote)This will result in an instant ledge grab. Credit to the youtuber Relax Alax for inventing the original tech. He deserves credit.
Warning-the intro contains a curse, skip the first 10 seconds.Watch intro at your own risk!
:4mario::GCR::GCL::GCB:
Also on the poll in means to say "think", not "hunk." Annoying auto correct

Last edited by a moderator:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I actually hate this because I often do it accidentally. There's many times when I will run off and cape the opponent but he grabs the ledge instead. And grabbing the ledge to edge guard in this game is useless lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
This phenomena is extremely bad for Mario and has cost me critical capes as well.

Is it faster than the usual fastfall -> grab the ledge?

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
If the cape is triggered a bit earlier (i.e. right before you fall off), it still performs the cape, but the ledge is grabbed on afterwards. I feel that would be more useful as a defensive technique so as to reflect a projectile or flip the opponent, while giving you invincibility frames at roughly the same time, or to just grab the ledge more quickly without getting there TOO quickly.

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
This works because of Mario's Cape having a ledge cancel on it.

You can use it like this, since the Doc sub-forum already has uses for it.

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
Generally I use it to force opponents on the ledge into that animation where they're forced off the ledge. Though it's harder to time it with Mario because of his lift on cape.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That would be called Ledge-trumping. The fastfall method is better but more risky to do on WiFi. Mario/Doc's B-airs aren't fast enough to capitalize on it, but it can put characters in really bad positions, and re-grabbing the ledge is a free D-Smash kill.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
This works because of Mario's Cape having a ledge cancel on it.

You can use it like this, since the Doc sub-forum already has uses for it.
thats nice and all but thats vs a cpu that recovered high does it work on low recoverys

Top Bottom