• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Migrated: Goop's Tourney Revisited: A Short Jiggs Essay of Sorts or "Blah"

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
This is an essay I've been meaning to write since Goop's (southwest division) tourney. I've posted it here since I hadn't any idea where else to post it.[ EDIT: Moved to JIGGLYPUFF SECTION FROM SOUTHWEST DIVISION]It will be an on going essay type thing that will be whatever you call it. My hopes are to work on my prose and make something enjoyable for everyone in the southwest division (AND NOW ALSO IN JIGGS SECTION). So, read...and enjoy it dammit!

Read on at you're own will. (Even you, B-Will) Ha, I made a funny.

Smashing and Canceling at Goop's Tourney: or "Forward is so good [insert]"

PROLOGUE

"Forward is so good he plays for the motherless children of Operation: Iraqi Freedom."
-Anonymous

"Forward is so good he plays with Shigero Miyamoto in his dreams."
-Anonymous

"Forward is so good he eats Mario Brothers Cereal bought off Ebay."
-Anonymous

"When suitcase hearts play farther than the reaming expectations of the great ones, so will the odds of man."
- Me typing "Anonymous"

Part I

Chapter 1

"Just hit the eastside of the lbc
On a mission trying to find mr. warren g."

-Warren G

Trying to find the man, the header, the coordinator GOOP (as known on the boards) was about as timeless and everlasting as the summer itself. Hot and a bit bothersome. I hate the east side. Everyone from the west does and if not its because they probably have some hope or dream of living there amongst more prosperous and clean streets of yore.

Thank goodness for Google Maps. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God himself may be found amongst the coded networkings of GM. He's there if you choose to summon him. Trust me and have some faith. He lead me to my very first Smash Brothers Tournament.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Chapter 2

"Forward is so good The Virgin Mary appears on the back of his controller during friendlies."
-Anonymous

"Forward is so good when he played Tyler Durden, Tyler said, "I am Jack's pwned noob."
-Anonymous

Forward was the first person I met upon arrival. TCB (mike, nick, steve, and mwha) strolled nervously towards the joint's front door and half-terrified in front of the pack standing in front of the door.

"These guys aren't smashers...", I thought. "Their I dunno, crack dealers, ball players, hippies. Whatever, we have the wrong place surely."

I said this because the few guys standing in front of the doorway smokes cigarettes, stood confidently, and were smiling. Yes, smiling. These guys weren't playing Nintendo, they were playing Ninten-weed. Surely.

But I was wrong.

The young man introduced himself as "Sean" (or Shawn?) and his friends (whose names elude me) also made a short, fleeting "Hi, whats up?" Yes, little did I know that this was Forward, the player whom I had heard Vat-Zero speaking of weeks earlier and whose vids I had seen on YouTube. Funny how things work out that way.

The central figure of this essay, the climax, I had walked past with no real anything. No emotions. No anticipation. No nothing.

And then we were in.

The smell was the first thing that hit me. Into the open heart Goop's small but cozy townhouse was the distinct smell of AXE cologne and well, BO. I wasn't surprised at either of those two. But I was surprised at the number in attendance. The place was over run!

Top Bottom