• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Method of which how I chose my Mains.

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey there. I'm SmashRiver64. You probably don't know me, and that's OK, but I'm here to tell you how I chose my mains and how you can follow using the same way I did.
I know there are alot of threads like this, but I do stuff my own way, and you should appreciate my style. :3

Anywho, let's begin.

STEP 1; Start with the Roster. This is simple, I usually use a Editing Software (Paint.NET is what I use) and a picture of the Full Roster with decent quality from Google Images. So we have;
(NOTE: Mii Fighters will not be on this thread.)
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4gaw:
:4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf::4samus::4zss:
:4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac:
:4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:
:4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:

STEP 2; Start chopping it down. First, I keep the characters of games that have the following criteria;
1) I have to have played the game they heir from
2) The Character in question should be playable from said game, if not, they must have a large role
3) The games I played MUST BE MAIN SERIES. (Game & Watch Gallery counts in this scenario)
And that's the beginning. So chopping it down, I got;
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4wario::4gaw:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja:
:4ness::4villager::4olimar::4drmario:
:4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:
Next, I chop the characters down so I have one per series--minus these exceptions;
1) Clone Characters are safe
2) Luigi counts as a Luigi's Mansion rep (Can't stop me)
So now--by tough decisions--I have;
:4luigi::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4wario::4gaw::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac:
:4charizard::4ness::4villager::4olimar::4drmario::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:

STEP 3; Sort them by "Tiers". I organize them like this;
S) Must still own and love the game in which the character heirs from (I will list them)
A) Must still own the game, and like it
B) Owned the game at one point, or still own it
C) Played the game on an Emulator
So organizing, I got (In non-specific order, aside from Tiers);
S: :4bowserjr:(Mario Sunshine) :4villager:(ACNL)
A: :4pacman: (PAC-MAN World 2) :4kirby:(Return to Dreamland):4luigi:(Luigi's Mansion)
B: :4yoshi:(Yoshi's Story) :4charizard:(Pokemon X) :4olimar:(Pikmin 2) :4megaman: (MM2) :4sonic:(SA2B)
C: :4littlemac:(PUNCH-OUT!! NES) :4drmario:(Dr. Mario) :4ness:(Earthbound)

FINAL STEP; ORGANIZE YOUR MAINS
I set them up with this criteria;
1) Follow the Tiers you listed to an extent
2) Does the Character look fun or is fun to Play as?
3) Personal Connections are vital. You need to love the character you play, or you'll get bored.

And with that, I made my Mains list, in which you can see in my Signature. (You might need to go to my profile to see the rest)
Try out this method, see if it works for you.
And if this thread gets locked by the Moderators, that's OK. I just wanted to share my opinion on
Main-Choosing. :3

Top Bottom