• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mario Bros in Sm4sh, Who is Player 1 This Time?

Who has the most potential this time around?

• Total voters

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I've seen lots of people give off their top 10 characters list, and 95% of them have Luigi and/or Mario in their list. The thing is, no one agrees on which of the two Mario brothers have the most potential in this game. So, who do you think is the better Mario Brother? Feel free to discuss below.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I feel Mario is better. I believe he has more combo potential, better fireballs, and seems a lot more sturdy.

I do not like Luigi's feel. I realize he's supposed to be a goofy character, but most of his moves have a gimmick, or are unreliable. For example, lets say you miss his forward-dash (not sure what I would classify this move as. It's the one where his arms flail and he tumbles forward)... you basically will set yourself up for a punish. Also, his side-special has a 1/10 chance of doing that "super" blast... I personally don't like characters who may rely on gimmicks (I'm looking at you, Game & Watch) to fight opponents or KO them. It just feels like I won by luck if I KO someone with Luigi's side-special. I also cannot think of too many Luigi combos. Mario can juggle opponents a lot with his u-air and follow up with an up-special or f-air... but I cannot say the same for Luigi.

Mario feels like a better character overall, due to my playstyle. I can never really get the hang of floaty characters.

Top Bottom