• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Majorities become the Minorities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Nintendo has confirmed a lot of interesting newcomers, and they are pretty great!

But now i'm hearing a little less talk on the original characters, the ones that have been here from the start, the ones everyone used to talk about.

Now i'm not saying that conversations implying them have stopped completely, just less.

Everything that used to be Major, is now minor, and vice versa.

And it may not even be just the characters, maybe factors referring to the game in general as well

What do you think about that?

This is a perfect chance to get those conversations going again

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Make sure that there is no spam guys

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
I thought this was a Super Smash Bros. forum, not a demographics forum.

Just kidding.

I'd like it if they were to remove some of the "clone" characters, or change them so that they become more unique. As for the original characters becoming "minor", that's not necessarily true.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Warning Received
What are we discussing?

I used to talk about Power Rangers a lot. I hear the new seasons have poorly paid actors and the first two casts left (the ones hired, before filming) due to payment and contract issues, a lot like Zack, Trini, and Jason in the first season. Yet the third cast worked well because they were willing to work with it, and it has become successful again, not withstanding single season cuts; thus working out well for the third cast- actors who are the only ones the fans ever saw!

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose that was observable with the Takamaru thread; I remember when I first joined Smashboards he was considered to be a shoe-in. At this point, I am not sure whether or not his thread is frequented. My empirical knowledge pertaining to his character has certainly led me to believe that most of the discussion surrounding him has ceased. I do not actually like the transition as much. We used to discuss characters we wanted, characters that had prominence, prevalence, relevance, and recency; however, we now discuss characters illuminated by a leak that has been overly detrimental to speculation.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I suppose that was observable with the Takamaru thread; I remember when I first joined Smashboards he was considered to be a shoe-in. At this point, I am not sure whether or not his thread is frequented. My empirical knowledge pertaining to his character has certainly led me to believe that most of the discussion surrounding him has ceased. I do not actually like the transition as much. We used to discuss characters we wanted, characters that had prominence, prevalence, relevance, and recency; however, we now discuss characters illuminated by a leak that has been overly detrimental to speculation.
TBH, since the game's nearing closer, I guess it was inevitable, especially with all the potential newcomers being shot down in both SSB4 Direct and E3. I guess it's still better than Brawl's closing times where there was quite an outrage over cut characters and many newcomers wanted not being after all. At this point though we seem to keep on learning from those times.

So yeah. I think it's much tame this way though, even if disappointing to majorities.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm fine with these newcomers. I just wish that (Captain) Toad and Dixie Kong are part of this group as well.

I also don't care for Ridley and King K. Rool but a lot of people wish that these reptilian bosses are part of this group.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm sure the veterans we all know and love will be talked about just as much as the newcomers when the game is out and speculation is over. They will for sure still be used in tournaments and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom