• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Looking Back" bomb throw

Chip.

you know what to do
The name of the technique is the exact opposite of what it actually is. It's really weird, I discovered it about a month and a half ago. I don't exactly know 'how' to do it, but I know relatively what it is. All right, first you take a bomb out and you jump in the air. Then, when you hit the ground, instantly throw the bomb behind you and quickly press the joy stick back into the original direction Young Link was facing. If you do it quick enough, Young Link will make the illusion that he has thrown a bomb 'behind' him without ever turning around at all :confused:. Can anyone explain what this exactly is.

Chip.

you know what to do
I have know idea how it could be useful. But my best guess as well would be using it as a mindgame.

Yes, it's true. It happens randomly so I can't do it at will. If I get the chance, I'll try and get a vid of me or someone doing it.

Metà

Smash Master
Hmm...interesting. I will check this out with AR as soon as I can. But first I need to track down the thieves who stole it from me! Yaarrrgghh! They tooks my iPod too, and half my gamez... : (

*_*

I hate Funcow.

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
I knew Y. Link still had some tricks up his sleeve. By the way, can this also be done with Link, if you ever get the time to try?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I knew this trick about a year ago, but I can't find much use for it. You don't have to bring the joystick back by the way, simply landing on the ground and c-sticking the bomb away at the right moment will do this. Yes, it also works with Link.

The problem is the only variety this adds to your game is the fact that you can Bair after. Other than that, there's no practical advantage to this. Do this and Bair, or not do this and either jab, grab, or fair. You clearly have more options (I know you can also Fsmash or Dair or whatever, but that applies both ways so I didn't include them).

Best case scenario, this sets up for a reverse grab. But that's about it.

Top Bottom