• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King Koopa Teams Discussion Topic

B!squick

Smash Master
I seriously believe Bowser has some real potential in teams. Firebreath to lock down opponents and deal damage. A giant shield. Long stock life spans. So what if grab release shinanegans are less effective. If you both know what you're doing, your partner can keep the other person busy while you wail away at the other.

True, Bowser's real down fall in teams is his effectiveness in a 2 v 1 situation, but anyone would be at a disadvantage in 2 v 1's anyway.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I think Bowser is a very mixed bag in teams. He does survive forever, he has great kill power, and the fire breath can indeed lead to some nice team moments, but of course Bowser's the biggest target in the game, and as you mentioned, a lot of his usual tricks are less effective, such as his grab release game.

That being said, I'm also curious as to how Bowser does in team play. I have only very limited experience with him in a team setting. I think there's definitely room for exploration there.

B!squick

Smash Master
I play teams in the "With Anyone" thing online late at night when I can't find a game otherwise. Firebreath works wonders when my teammate isn't ******** and waits for them to escape. x_x

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah. And I was just thinking that with the right synergy, and a teammate who knows Bowser pretty well, some fun stuff could happen with the grab release. Bowser's so good at keeping the opponent in a pummel setting that some free smashes might occasionally happen. Of course, Bowser would be vulnerable too, but with a teammate who plays to that attribute it might be a strength.

calv

Smash Cadet
I had a few team matches last week, and you're right, Bowser is really good in team battles, the fire breath can really catch peoples out and just hold them in place, leaving them with either fire or a charged smash attack :p
Most of the matches were (Bowser & Toon Link) vs (Captain Falcon & Lucus).

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
you need a good teammate to do well, a bad one will make you feel like you're playing 3 on 1

try teaming with a ness, wario or game and watch

bowser's a good addition on teams, but he can't carry a team as well as a dk or a gdubs, so teaming with someone who does a bit of everything should work

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
I have some teams experience with Bowser, you certainly need someone who is good on their own and has synergy with you. Fire breath is amazing for teams, your partner can always get a strong attack on whoever is locked in it.

I think a great partner for Bowser tends to be DDD, chaingrab to Gimpyfish combo is great. Firebreath to DDD fsmash is also quite ****.

I've done a little Marth / Bowser, Marth can do his neutral B and tip people in flame breath.

B!squick

Smash Master
I have some teams experience with Bowser, you certainly need someone who is good on their own and has synergy with you. Fire breath is amazing for teams, your partner can always get a strong attack on whoever is locked in it.

I think a great partner for Bowser tends to be DDD, chaingrab to Gimpyfish combo is great. Firebreath to DDD fsmash is also quite ****.

I've done a little Marth / Bowser, Marth can do his neutral B and tip people in flame breath.
Hehe, DeDeDe x Bowser does sound pretty brutal too. Bowser would just be good at holding stocks for the other person. I should make a chart!... after I finish the one I've already started. x_x

Top Bottom