• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kid Icarus Music Discussion Thread

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Greetings,

Here you lot can discuss the various tunes from the Kid Icarus series. Which ones are your favourites? Which ones would you like to hear in Smash 4?

Songs confirmed for Smash 4:
♪ The Return of Palutena
♪ Dark Pit's Theme (original)
♪ Dark Pit ~Air Battle (original)
♪ Boss Fight 1 (original)
♪ Magnus's Theme (original)
♪ Hades's Infernal Theme (original)
♪ Thunder Cloud Temple (original)
♪ The Chaos Vortex
♪ Destroyed Skyworld (new remix)
♪ Wrath of the Reset Bomb (new remix)
♪ Wrath of the Reset Bomb (new remix) //This one's different from the above track.
♪ Inside the Space Pirate Ship (new remix)
♪ Lightning Chariot Base (new remix) //HUZZAH!!
♪ Orne Theme & Reaper Theme //Note: these songs play in Smash Run whenever an Orne is present or a Reaper spots you. The Orne Theme plays from 0:00 to 1:00. The Reaper Theme plays from 1:10 to 1:30.
♪ Underworld
♪ Title (Kid Icarus)
♪ Skyworld
♪ Kid Icarus Original Medley

As for me, I would like it if all the Kid Icarus remixes from Brawl returned. I would also like to hear these particular songs in Smash 4:

♪ Overworld (Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters)
♪ The First Town
♪ Magnus's Theme //Confirmed for Smash 4!
♪ Heads of the Hewdraw
♪ Dark Pit (air battle) //Confirmed for Smash 4!
♪ Dark Pit's Theme //Confirmed for Smash 4!
♪ The Seafloor Palace //This one has to be mine favourite, after Lightning Chariot Base.
♪ In the Space Pirate Ship //Confirmed for Smash 4!
♪ Medusa's Castle
♪ Viridi, Goddess of Nature
♪ Reset Bomb Forest //I will be very surprised if this one does not make it in.
♪ Reset Bomb Depot Interior
♪ Lightning Battle
♪ Thunder Cloud Temple //Confirmed for Smash 4!
♪ Little Girl's Theme
♪ Dog's Theme //I would like this one to be combined with the above tune.
♪ The Ring of Chaos
♪ Lightning Chariot Base //Confirmed for Smash 4! HUZZAH!!
♪ Destroyed Skyworld //Confirmed for Smash 4!
♪ Boss Fight 1 //Confirmed for Smash 4!
♪ Boss Fight 2

[EDIT] Here are the Brawl remixes:
♪ Underworld
♪ Title (Kid Icarus)
♪ Skyworld
♪ Kid Icarus Original Medley

So! What say you lot?

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You pretty much got the ones that interest me. I'd also like to bring whichever is Menu theme which is apparently Palutena's theme (it's the first one that plays once you exit the title screen), and the Ch.9 land battle. Same for Land Battle of the Reaper Fortress and Labyrinth of Deceit.
Of course, we need more than 1 KI stage for that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Needs more Lightning Battle.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ugh, that's the problem with games with amazing soundtracks like Kid Icarus: Uprising or Fire Emblem: Awakening: you can't really pick a favorite song because all songs are good! Anyway, I'd like to hear both Boss themes from Uprising, the Reset Bomb Forest theme (obviously), Dark Pit's Theme (The best song from Uprising), the Lightning Chariot Base song and Magnus's Theme. Kid Icarus: Uprising's Main Theme should be in too.

Personally, I could see a new arrangement of both aerial and ground themes of Uprising's 11th chapter to reflect the stage's progress, like what happens with the Summit in Brawl. Given that the Reset Bomb Forest's song is a recurring song in Uprising, being Viridi's theme, I figured that a new arrangement would be better than porting one of the original arrangements, so it could be synchronized to the stage. The other Uprising songs could appear in their original versions, since they are from a 3DS game and the KIU stage is on the 3DS too.

Altais

Smash Champion
Personally, I could see a new arrangement of both aerial and ground themes of Uprising's 11th chapter to reflect the stage's progress, like what happens with the Summit in Brawl. Given that the Reset Bomb Forest's song is a recurring song in Uprising, being Viridi's theme, I figured that a new arrangement would be better than porting one of the original arrangements, so it could be synchronized to the stage. The other Uprising songs could appear in their original versions, since they are from a 3DS game and the KIU stage is on the 3DS too.
Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Since the Reset Bomb Forest stage was revealed, I have always imagined it would have a soundtrack synchronised with its events. For instance, at the start of the stage, when the humans are fighting, the song could begin with the quiet rhythm of drums coupled with a gloomy opera. The tension in the song increases as the reset bomb appears and plummets toward the earth--and once it makes contact, the song bursts into a full-blown orchestra. [Shrugs] Or it could be something else entirely. Either way, it would be cool to have a new medley.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I love all songs from Kid Icarus Uprising. But If I have to choose the top 5 for SSB4, I would choose:

1. Destroyed Skyworld
2. Reset Bomb Forest
3. Thunder Cloud Temple
4. Bossfight 1
5. Magnus Theme

But I have to say, I love all songs equally. *-*

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I hope these all make it into Smash. There are just too many good songs in this game.
1. Lightning Battle/Thunder Cloud Temple
2. Destroyed Skyworld
3. Dark Pit's Theme
4. Boss Fight 1
5. Dog's Theme
6. Reset Bomb Forest
7. Magnus's Theme
8. Lightning Chariot Base

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I hope this makes it into Smash.

and yes I did link to the whole OST because I want it all to be in Smash 4.

Shoutouts to Destroyed Skyworld, Lightning Battle, Lightning Chariot Base and Dark Pit though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As of now, I strongly want Destroyed Skyworld, Lightning Battle, the Jazzy Alien one (Ch15 ground) and both boss battle themes, especially the one with battling Medusa/Palutena. <3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The song "Ch 1: Return of Palutena", the one that plays on the aerial section of the first chapter from Uprising also briefly plays on the Pseudo-Palutena's trophy showcase.

Quite happy that both Boss Fight 1 and Dark Pit's Theme are confirmed. Easily the best songs from Uprising.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Well Boss Fight 1 and Dark Pit's theme were the songs I wanted the most from Uprising, so I'm pretty much already content with the music selection for the Kid Icarus series. The only other songs I'd want off the top of my head are Lightning Battle and The Lightning Chariot Base.

Altais

Smash Champion
The song "Ch 1: Return of Palutena", the one that plays on the aerial section of the first chapter from Uprising also briefly plays on the Pseudo-Palutena's trophy showcase.

Quite happy that both Boss Fight 1 and Dark Pit's Theme are confirmed. Easily the best songs from Uprising.
Oh dear, I totally forgot about that. I will add that anon.

Anyhow, I am still hoping for the Lightning Chariot Base theme.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So, Destroyed Skyworld, The Chaos Vortex, and Wrath of the Reset Bomb Forest are all confirmed via Palutena's trailer. I am so hype for this soundtrack. Already 4 of my top 8 have made it in and I know there will be more.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
This is almost confirmed right?

Also, "Viridi The Goddess of Nature", "Wrath of the Reset Bomb" and "The Ring of Chaos" (derived from Wrath of Reset Bomb) are ones I also want to see make it in.

My favorite of all of Uprising's soundtrack has to be "Reset Bomb Forest".

My guess is that they're going to combine certain collections into one track as a full Melody.

I don't want Motoi Sakuraba's work to go to waste.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
So, Destroyed Skyworld, The Chaos Vortex, and Wrath of the Reset Bomb Forest are all confirmed via Palutena's trailer. I am so hype for this soundtrack. Already 4 of my top 8 have made it in and I know there will be more.
This is almost confirmed right?
(media)
Just added those two to the list. Sorry I did not add them earlier; it has been so long since I have played Kid Icarus: Uprising that I totally forgot what those songs sounded like--and as a result, I did not recognise them at first.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Also, Wish Seed should be added as another great track. There's so many!

Also, Dark Pit's theme isn't totally confirmed. That track heard in the April Direct is called "Ruins of the Temple" which is derived from Dark Pit's theme.

Last edited:

AuraKnight

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure the direct song is Dark Pit's theme - Ruins of the Temple doesn't have the drums driving the entire thing.

Anyways, my wishlist is as follows:

Thunder Cloud Temple
Aurum Island
Dark Pit (The flying segment of the chapter, but considering Dark Pit's Theme is already in, this is unlikely)
Hades' Final Battle
Main Theme/HOME
HOME (Viridi) (Less likely; it's not a good battle theme, but it'd make a nice alt track)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The Orne theme plays when an Orne is nearby in smash run. You can hear it in the Smash Roundtable.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A Smash Roundtable? I'm curious to see now. May everyone who hasn't play Kid Icarus Uprising feel our pain that the Ornes have given us.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
A Smash Roundtable? I'm curious to see now. May everyone who hasn't play Kid Icarus Uprising feel our pain that the Ornes have given us.

Audio only, but you can very clearly hear the song when Sakurai runs into it. Don't remember when unfortunately.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OH MY GOD THEY REMIXED THE SPACE PIRATE THEME

IM DEAD

IT SOUNDS SO AMAZING

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm a little late, but shouldn't the Orne theme be in this somewhere due to its appearance in Smash Run? Honestly we gotta find a Smash Run vid with that Orne since the other one up there is now not able to be viewed.

Altais

Smash Champion
I'm a little late, but shouldn't the Orne theme be in this somewhere due to its appearance in Smash Run? Honestly we gotta find a Smash Run vid with that Orne since the other one up there is now not able to be viewed.
Hmm, good point. Yeah, I saw a video of the Orne in Smash Run, too. I also saw a video of a Reaper, which played the Reaper's theme when it spotted the player.

I'll see if I can find a YouTube video playing the themes.

[EDIT] Just added the Orne and Reaper themes to the original post.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Lightning Chariot Base is in the game! Skip to 2:27 to hear it.

Also I don't remember which video I saw it in, but Inside the Space Pirate Ship is confirmed to play on Palutena's Temple.

Top Bottom