• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ken combos are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
Multiple times ive come extremely close to ken combos with marth since the new update only being off by my timing of the dair. Heres me actually pulling it off. A combo video is in the future for marth :D

https://youtu.be/JCDvCFOFqBM

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Multiple times ive come extremely close to ken combos with marth since the new update only being off by my timing of the dair. Heres me actually pulling it off. A combo video is in the future for marth :D

https://youtu.be/JCDvCFOFqBM
We have people who checked Marth's frame data in this patch and looked at the game files for other things (like hitboxes) and nothing from the patch specifically makes the Ken set-up better.

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766
that was actually pretty nice lol

I don't think its true like it was in Melee but its still stylish

Last edited:

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
We have people who checked Marth's frame data in this patch and looked at the game files for other things (like hitboxes) and nothing from the patch specifically makes the Ken set-up better.
Regardless of tests i have never been able to pull it off like this pre patch and i always went for it. I always tried styling and it was hard with marth. Now with how good his fair is i can do it no problem. I feel like his dair gets setup for the sweetspot easier

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
that was actually pretty nice lol

I don't think its true like it was in Melee but its still stylish
No not true completely di dependent i think but still can time air dodges. If he di away he might have not been caught in it but it setups for other kills if he does do it away

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Fair does more damage and has an extender tipper. Dair only received more damage. Nothing there will affect this. And honestly, the thread title is inaccurate and basically a click bait.

Last edited:

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
Fair does more damage and has an extender tipper. Dair only received more damage. Nothing there will affect this. And honestly, the thread title is inaccurate and basically a click bait.
So basically you are saying there was no ken combo in my video. Gotcha ok my apologies!

Edz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4826-0273
Would an extended hitbox not benefit into a dair string.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom