• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kaeru Shinobi: Greninja Guide

The Kaeru Shinobi: Greninja Guide

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
PokemonyeWest submitted a new guide:

The Kaeru Shinobi: Greninja Guide - カエル忍

View attachment 54380
My name is Pokémonye West and I will be attempting to create an up-to-date guide on Greninja. This guide will probably be a bit redundant to longtime mains of Greninja, so I guess I'm just doing this for the newbies. Greninja has changed a lot since the game first came out, what with his (and I’m being suuuuuuper biased here :-P) mostly unnecessary nerfs. Nearly all of the video guides and written guides are outdated those can...
Read more about this guide...

D

Deleted member

PokemonyeWest submitted a new guide:

The Kaeru Shinobi: Greninja Guide - カエル忍

Read more about this guide...
This is a pretty good guide for people who are just getting into Greninja as you mentioned, but some things are missing. Back Throw does 8%, not 5%. In the movement section, you may want to add that SH/grounded B-Reverse out of a retreating dash can be useful for getting shurikens out faster. And about his wall jump, the normal one is terrible, but by pressing directly up on the analog stick you essentially get a third jump that goes as high as his other ones (it also doesn't burn his double jump). As an added gimmick you can actually charge Shadow Sneak during the wall cling animation, jump off above stage level and actually surprise people with it. I'd also take out the mention of Dair for offstage outside of perfect spacing on an air dodge reaction (its not even that strong for a spike; its main use is jab locking after a footstool), although Bair is usually better for chasing deep and punishing air dodges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom