• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Infamous Black-Hole Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
As I'm sure most if not all of you know, there's this really entertaining glitch in Melee that creates a so-called "black hole," a mass of vegetables that holds itself in place and inflicts massive damage on anyone foolish enough to touch it. My friends and I have made black holes a few times just for fun, but getting the spacing right takes FOREVER. Does anyone have hints on the best ways to "measure" how far apart the two reflecting characters (fox / falco) need to be?

Black Hole stories, comments, and questions also welcome!

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
go to hyrule. have one fox stand on that random pillar and the other under the roofy thing. walk both between the rerspective inner edges till they start to wobble. theres ur distance.

xDeniedx

Smash Rookie
We did the black hole glitch on my gamcube about 6 times and each time we over did it and froze up the game, now my gamecube gets random errors, glad i can play all my Gc games fine on the wii.

Hiroaki

Smash Cadet
Never heard of it

Looks at YouTube
That's awesome!!
I'll have to try that sometime

Question
Is the infinite scope ammo needed
And if so, how?

NVM on the questions
YouTube does it's job once again

xDeniedx

Smash Rookie
for infinite scope do i think it was 5 weak shots 2 power shots and on the 3rd power shot have someone hit you...

correct me on this if wrong I haven't done it in forever

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
I believe its 15 single shots then two fully charged ones then while charging the 3rd make sure you get hit before you let go and that should give you infinite ammo

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
The infinite ammo glitch is not needed, all my Black Hole Glitch times I never used it, I imagine it would be much easier with the glitch, but it isn't impossible to do it without. There is MANY vids on YouTube on how to do it, what it looks like, including one I made myself, which is like...about a minute long, I think? I didn't use the infinite ammo glitch to set mine up, however, you won't see it in my vid anyway.

Are you sure spacing is a problem? I did it in the Battlefield Stage, the problem was I didn't have Peach jumping into the stream of bullets enough to straighten it out. JUst make sure they are close enough, and the platforms they are standing on are both flat, on the same level, and are close enough so you can perform it.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there are several ways to get the infinite scope ammo I think. I can't remember any off the top of my hand. As for Denied, are you sure those glitches are black hole related? no other goodies like action replay involved?

Eh, whatever. At any rate I'd really like to experiment with it a bit more... maybe try to make a black hole out of Mr. Saturns with my AR. :chuckle:

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure spacing is a problem? I did it in the Battlefield Stage, the problem was I didn't have Peach jumping into the stream of bullets enough to straighten it out. JUst make sure they are close enough, and the platforms they are standing on are both flat, on the same level, and are close enough so you can perform it.
Wait wait wait, you can start the reaction just by throwing peach into the stream?!? Dang, we were doing it the hard way. It's possible to get a self-sustaining stream of pellets between the reflectors without peach even moving. To do that we had to position the reflectors VERY VERY CAREFULLY... so yeah, that explains a lot

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Well, it used to take me a LONG time to do it without having Peach in the stream constantly, once I had her jumping into it, it seemed to go by faster. Peach balances it out-which is why she is on a seperate team, so she will get hit by it. So as long as the bullets can bounce back and forth, spacing doesn't matter. It took me a while to figure it out, and it's hard to do it by yourself, which is how I was doing it.
I got impatient and just had Peach in the line all the time.
I doubt you care about backstory, but yeah. You can still get the glitch going pretty dang fast without the infinte ammo glitch and just keep Peach to straighten out the line, it doesn't take long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom