• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'I Was Wrong' Thread

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well, it wasn't too bad except because you said "Before mods come"

I don't think anyone thought on WFT as one of the candidates.
I just know I loved the outcome.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Wii Fit has only one game that no one bought. Not to mention it came with a $100 paper weight.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Wii Fit has only one game that no one bought. Not to mention it came with a $100 paper weight.
It sold a quarter of a million copies in a week. And one million in a month. And over 3 million in a year. That's not record breaking, but that's ****ing great. That's also just Japan, and the first game. It also sold out in stores across America because demand was so high. As of March 2012, it sold nearly 23 million copies and is the 6th highest selling Wii game (Brawl is 9th on that list, mind you).
Just because you didn't but this game, didn't mean others did not. In fact, they did. The game also retailed for $89.99 including the Balance Board, so it was more like a 30 dollar paperweight. There's also Wii Fit Plus and Wii Fit U, so that's three games altogether.
Literally everything you just said was wrong.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
It sold a quarter of a million copies in a week. And one million in a month. And over 3 million in a year. That's not record breaking, but that's ****ing great. That's also just Japan, and the first game. It also sold out in stores across America because demand was so high. As of March 2012, it sold nearly 23 million copies and is the 6th highest selling Wii game (Brawl is 9th on that list, mind you).
Just because you didn't but this game, didn't mean others did not. In fact, they did. The game also retailed for $89.99 including the Balance Board, so it was more like a 30 dollar paperweight. There's also Wii Fit Plus and Wii Fit U, so that's three games altogether.
Literally everything you just said was wrong.
first, its obvious some people bought it. No one I know did, and it is a health program... What is wrong with a tredmil or weight lifting? Excersising isn't hard. It's the commitment. Anyone can lose weight easily.

with tax the game is almost 100$. The game is useless. There fore balance board = $100

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
first, its obvious some people bought it. No one I know did, and it is a health program... What is wrong with a tredmil or weight lifting? Excersising isn't hard. It's the commitment. Anyone can lose weight easily.

with tax the game is almost 100$. The game is useless. There fore balance board = $100
Eh. I don't even have the energy. You're stupid.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

Eh. I don't even have the energy. You're stupid.
Guys, let's all play nice, k? c:

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Wii Fit sold 22 million. How is that a game in which "no one bought" that game alone has out sold series like Metroid, Starfox, and F-Zero combined,

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
How about "No one played for more than a week." I'm generalizing, I know.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How about "No one played for more than a week." I'm generalizing, I know.
You're not only generalizing, you're generalizing without any basis or evidence to back it up.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
You're not only generalizing, you're generalizing without any basis or evidence to back it up.
No one I know bought it. Frankly, I don't see any reason anyone would... Working out isn't difficult. Losing weight is fairly easy, and if you wanted to buy a fitness program (Why would you?) I am sure there are better more affordable plans out there, like a gym membership, etc... Okay, maybe 22 million or whatever bought the game, I concede, but it didn't stay in the spotlight that long.
Fitness games typically do not go over well. The people who tend to buy them play them a little, hoping to achieve some fitness goal, then quit in a week (because of no ambition and not following-through, not from difficulty). When I think about the Nintendo market, Wii Fit is the last title I think of. It is like Kinect Adventures for Xbox. It is a gimmicky concept that doesn't end up meeting expectations. Some titles are living through the ages (Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc...), where as Wii Fit ended as soon as it began.
and @ GmanSir GmanSir False. (source= VGChartz) http://www.vgchartz.com/
Star Fox=11.27(million)
F-Zero = 5.80(million)
Metroid=17.64(million)
Total = 34.71 million. 34.71 - 22 = 12.71 12.71/22 = 57.77
You have a percent error of 57%

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Star Fox=11.27(million)
F-Zero = 5.80(million)
Metroid=17.64(million)
Except the total is 44.38 million (44.38 - 34.7 = 9.67). While, Wii Fit 1 did not singlehandley outsell those 3 franchises. The Wii Fit series has outsold them. www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Wii+fit

You speak as if you know the world's opinion, but you don't. We Americans are fat, lazy pieces of **** that need a game to inspire us to work out. And we're also lazy enough to give up in a week. I'll give you that. But you can't speak for Japanese people or Europeans or anyone else for that matter. You go conduct an empirical study of Wii Fit owners with a representative sample from North America, Japan and Europe to see just how long they actually played the game. I will read your study, and then if it satisfactorily proves that no one played the game for more than a week I will concede to you.

Furthermore, it is a large part of Nintendo's history now. Wii Fit deserves a spot in Nintendo history. If Wii Fit sold 22 million units at 80 dollars a piece, that's 1,760,000,00 dollars. Almost 2 billion dollars. Overall, 44.38 million units at 80 dollars a piece is just above 3.5 billion dollars. That's a huge part of Nintendo now.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably part of a teeny-tiny minority that actually believed that Wii Fit Trainer could make it. The idea came to me when I joked about her being in the smash bros with my brother, and then I realized, that s/he could actually make it. And yes I do have Wii Fit and I still play it occasionally.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
No one I know bought it. Frankly, I don't see any reason anyone would... Working out isn't difficult. Losing weight is fairly easy, and if you wanted to buy a fitness program (Why would you?) I am sure there are better more affordable plans out there, like a gym membership, etc... Okay, maybe 22 million or whatever bought the game, I concede, but it didn't stay in the spotlight that long.
Fitness games typically do not go over well. The people who tend to buy them play them a little, hoping to achieve some fitness goal, then quit in a week (because of no ambition and not following-through, not from difficulty). When I think about the Nintendo market, Wii Fit is the last title I think of. It is like Kinect Adventures for Xbox. It is a gimmicky concept that doesn't end up meeting expectations. Some titles are living through the ages (Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc...), where as Wii Fit ended as soon as it began.
and @ GmanSir GmanSir False. (source= VGChartz) http://www.vgchartz.com/
Star Fox=11.27(million)
F-Zero = 5.80(million)
Metroid=17.64(million)
I'm in shape, and it's not thanks to just Wii Fit. It's thanks to eating a colourful mix of healthy foods in appropriate quantities and at appropriate times, running for an hour four times a week, and doing two hours of boxing three times a week (sometimes four). All of which are activities I enjoy because they are fun and keep me healthy.

That said, I own Wii Fit Plus and I really enjoy it. I don't know if there's something wrong with me, but I legitimately enjoy doing the exercises and games on there. I mean, have you even played a Wii Fit game?
1. The daily Body Test encourages consistently coming back to the game (leading to follow-through as you can track your progress), which is an ingenious move on Nintendo's part.
2. The yoga exercises are great for improving posture, breathing, and flexibility. And let me tell you, as someone who knew little about yoga before buying the game, it was helpful to be able to watch the different forms done with proper technique, then have a "coach" (yes even a virtual one) to guide and score you based on how accurately you held the position.
3. Even more helpful was the fact that I could learn about yoga and other exercises I'd never heard of, all in the comfort of my own home without risking people watching me and judging me (just in case I was a self-conscious person).
4. Furthermore, the games are fun (I especially like the Obstacle Course) as I find it fun to challenge myself to not just use my hands to play video games, and to test my balance and body co-ordination.
5. Finally, it's all smoothly integrated into my Wii, which is something I already use on a regular basis, so there's no need to buy "another fitness program" or pay for a monthly gym membership, which can cost over 100 for just one month (the good ones anyway).
I realize this is one success stories out of however many who did just play the game for a week, I just thought I'd offer another perspective. You know, from someone who actually played the game.

Okay, enough of the Wii Fit series sales pitch, onto the topic of this thread. Honestly, I had never considered that WFT could possibly be a Smash character, and when I saw her reveal I burst out laughing. I was unsure of her viability as a fighter, but after seeing the most recent Direct, and her "Deep Breathing" power-up mechanic, I will happily admit: I was wrong! It also helps that they gave her a chargeable, storable projectile. Seriously, expect anyone who can master her to be a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom