• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "How I Got This Tech To Work" Thread

Burglor

Smash Rookie
I was thinking, if you have a piece of knowledge that no one ever seems to mention, or a unique way of doing things to get results, we could post them here. Even if it's not exactly proven, just give people more outlets for learning. I have a few of them.

Gentlemen: Don't input A>A>Pause>A, at least not to the timing of the punches. It seems like if you input the two first punches faster than they actually come out, the timing gets more lenient. So it would be A, followed by another very quick A input, pause, A.

Moonwalk: I see it too often that people just say "Dash and start half circling" **** that dude. You wanna Dash Left>Dash Right>Half Circle>Repeat, or the opposite if you wanna go the other way of course.

Hax Dashing: Now this is just me, but I do all my ledge jumps/mixups with tap jump, and it might not be optimal for you, but if you're having trouble with X or Y, you might wanna give it a shot.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice

Pauer

The Pauerful
I'm not a Falcon main but since I jump with X, I can't do short hop instant up-air using the grip I use.
To go around that, I tilt the stick up and do the u-air using A(or z in my case). In some video I heard silentspectre does the same thing.

Burglor

Smash Rookie
Top Bottom