• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hookshot-Cancel

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Look, you're not "canceling" anything. There is little lag to start with, and is still very little no matter what you do. And the attack still happens so you're certainly not canceling that either. Unless you mean it disappears when you land, but the guy still gets hit so the attack still happens. The only thing that really makes sense is "Tether Attack", or "Short Hop Tether." Tether Attack being the idea that you can attack with the tether, and Short Hop Tether being the technique of doing a short hop just so you can use that low-lag projectile.

TA, and SHT are the abbreviations that make sense (unless someone thinks of something else without "cancel"

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
the name doesn´t matter that much the important thing here is that it has a lot of potential i tried it the last time i played and it works really well you can approach with the clawshot and do an up smash or anything you want it´s awesome

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, zair is probably the best name for it. When you're talking about cancelling the post lag by landing it can be called a Z-Cancel or Zair-Cancel.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
I pretty sick of hearing about "zair", "dair", "uair", it needs a better name than that!

:3

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
You're forgetting that other characters have a tether recovery move that is NOT with using Z. But do those apply to TACTICS or can they not be cancelled/cutoff/shortened/eraseallframeswhenhittingground?

HiIH

Smash Lord
most Up+B's make the character rise slightly while in the air, which makes it useless I believe.

Top Bottom