• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hawk Samurai, Takamaru Ventures For Smash Switch (Operation #TakamaruForSamSho. See Page 26 for Details)

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
So fellow ronins, I've been thinking long and hard about things and I would like to say it's time for us to make our very own Takamaru Discord Server.

Not because it would be another way for us to hang out. But it's to aggressively push the idea of Takamaru as a fighter or discuss many ways we would like to see our own revival for the Mysterious Murasame Castle. There will be a general Smash speculation channel and some stuff for fanart. Off topic is needed to since we don't want anyone to feel completely alienated.

If the Kutthroats and Bomberman fans can have a Discord server, so can we.

How many of you would be up for it happened this week?
It depends on how things are on this Discord server, in my case. If I think things are getting too bad and/or weird, I might not consider it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It depends on how things are on this Discord server, in my case. If I think things are getting too bad and/or weird, I might not consider it.
It will just be the basic essentials. Takamaru/Murasame Castle discussion, General Smash Discussion, Fanart/Media, Off-Topic, and an optional voice channel. So we are starting out small really, only Takamaru fans are allowed.

One friend is suggesting the idea of having us form an alliance with other fans of retro characters and be a Smash Underdogs server, but I'm sure some of you would be against that.

Thoughts?

bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy ThatShadowLink ThatShadowLink @Fatmanonice Ixbran Ixbran EmceeEspio EmceeEspio @NonSpecificGuy @Strider_Bond00J smashkirby smashkirby @MainJPW TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom @Pacack @Calane @Lampy @shinhed-echi @Banjodorf @Best Gwen @Godzillathewonderdog Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin @WeirdChillFever @True Blue Warrior @dezeray112 @Tord the Red Leader @Freduardo @Baskerville

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
It will just be the basic essentials. Takamaru/Murasame Castle discussion, General Smash Discussion, Fanart/Media, Off-Topic, and an optional voice channel. So we are starting out small really, only Takamaru fans are allowed.

One friend is suggesting the idea of having us form an alliance with other fans of retro characters and be a Smash Underdogs server, but I'm sure some of you would be against that.

Thoughts?

bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy ThatShadowLink ThatShadowLink @Fatmanonice Ixbran Ixbran EmceeEspio EmceeEspio @NonSpecificGuy @Strider_Bond00J smashkirby smashkirby @MainJPW TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom @Pacack @Calane @Lampy @shinhed-echi @Banjodorf @Best Gwen @Godzillathewonderdog Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin @WeirdChillFever @True Blue Warrior @dezeray112 @Tord the Red Leader @Freduardo @Baskerville
It's certainly a decent idea.

Also Jesus Christ, all those user tags.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's certainly a decent idea.

Also Jesus Christ, all those user tags.
Yeah, want apologize for all the tags since this was something wanted a decent amount of supporters to look at before I make it.

And just to see how many would want a Takamaru only server, or pair him with fellow retros. Though coming up with a name for the latter would be hard.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would love it. That way we can have a place to hang out and sell new people on the idea of Murasame Castle an/or Takamaru as a Smash fighter.

I'm still rather mixed on the whole Smash Underdogs collab. Would Lip and Mike Jones supporters want to share the same server with us?

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I would love it. That way we can have a place to hang out and sell new people on the idea of Murasame Castle an/or Takamaru as a Smash fighter.

I'm still rather mixed on the whole Smash Underdogs collab. Would Lip and Mike Jones supporters want to share the same server with us?
Mike Jones supporter here.

Yes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is why I am asking all of you first.

Some of us clearly support more than one character, but others would feel that someone like say Lip would steal the spotlight from Takamaru.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Thoughts?

I don't use any of that social-media stuff, so I can't be of any help to you, here - sorry!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This is why I am asking all of you first.

Some of us clearly support more than one character, but others would feel that someone like say Lip would steal the spotlight from Takamaru.
That's one concern I have.

It's more or less if supporters of other fellow "Smash underdogs" would want to share the same server.

Emcee agrees with the idea.

Though I would like to hear what others have to say about it.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I’m fine with a Takamaru server! I dunno about other retro newcomers though, to be honest I don’t support very many others.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Personally I would prefer just having a Newcomer speculation discord and having rooms for each character. I feel that segregating into certain smaller discords could lead to lower participation overall. It would be fun to engage in debate on the issues with characters. A retro character discord could lead to a third party discord and so on. I feel that one great big speculation discord would be the preferred alternative.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Personally I would prefer just having a Newcomer speculation discord and having rooms for each character. I feel that segregating into certain smaller discords could lead to lower participation overall. It would be fun to engage in debate on the issues with characters. A retro character discord could lead to a third party discord and so on. I feel that one great big speculation discord would be the preferred alternative.
This is something I wouldn't mind doing.

It would have a clear theme. Like instead of just Takamaru, it would be other characters like him.

Like we could just restrict to to just retro Nintendo characters. Or just add along other obscure smaller series like Starfy, Sin & Punishment, etc. But it's like whatever everyone else would be alright with.

K. Rool's fanbase is big enough, that's why a server all about him makes sense. With Takamaru, it would probably be around the same 8-10 people. So your idea sounds like the best scenario.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
This is something I wouldn't mind doing.

It would have a clear theme. Like instead of just Takamaru, it would be other characters like him.

Like we could just restrict to to just retro Nintendo characters. Or just add along other obscure smaller series like Starfy, Sin & Punishment, etc. But it's like whatever everyone else would be alright with.

K. Rool's fanbase is big enough, that's why a server all about him makes sense. With Takamaru, it would probably be around the same 8-10 people. So your idea sounds like the best scenario.
I feel restrictions feel arbitrary and not inclusive. So long as there are fans of the character on the forms, why should we knock em?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel restrictions feel arbitrary and not inclusive. So long as there are fans of the character on the forms, why should we knock em?
Right.

I feel that we can get along just fine with the Lip supports, Mike Jones supporters, Mach Rider supporters, Balloon Fighter, supporters, Starfy supporters, and so forth.

Part of why I am dong it is to try giving a bigger push to Tkamaru's Smash presence. Though I feel those fans of other characters could easily benefit from that too. We can be together like a small community.

Like the former Shulk, Isaac, and Takamaru alliance pre-Smash 4. Right? @Spazzy_D

I remember you made something along the lines of Shulk wielding Takamaru, or was it the other way around?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Like the former Shulk, Isaac, and Takamaru alliance pre-Smash 4. Right? @Spazzy_D

I remember you made something along the lines of Shulk wielding Takamaru, or was it the other way around?
Wait, what? That was a thing? Never thought those two groups would be close to Takamaru supporters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, what? That was a thing? Never thought those two groups would be close to Takamaru supporters.
Damn right it was.

The three would be under fire for the same "swordsman" argument. So they grew buddy to buddy naturally like they should, even during tough times (though the Shulk fans got what they wanted).

Plus some did happen to support two of them or all of them. FlareHabanero, Spazzy, and Banjodorf for example.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Yeah that above example might be a good example of why I wouldn’t be too down for a joint server. I can reserve myself pretty well in a forum discussion but with active discussion, whew, I’ve got a short temper sometimes. I haaaaaate Shulk and I’d likely have been a real unhappy boy there. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah that above example might be a good example of why I wouldn’t be too down for a joint server. I can reserve myself pretty well in a forum discussion but with active discussion, whew, I’ve got a short temper sometimes. I haaaaaate Shulk and I’d likely have been a real unhappy boy there. :p
You hate Shulk? That's pretty rare.

Though I won't pry too deep into why you happen to dislike him.

Though yeah, I won't make the server immediately. I still need more suggestions before I do it. For now, I will make a mock-up server icon with server notable retros for the night.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I am just eager for a server icon for this idea first.

I wonder what it would look like if we all go through with this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Funny now that you mention it, I created a server icon for the Smash Underdogs server myself.

So far I featured the few supporters that can be in the same server as us. This is a nice line up of all characters together.

All criticisms or feedback is welcome because I want to look nice enough for everyone.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Funny now that you mention it, I created a server icon for the Smash Underdogs server myself.

So far I featured the few supporters that can be in the same server as us. This is a nice line up of all characters together.

All criticisms or feedback is welcome because I want to look nice enough for everyone.
Looking good.

Everyone feels like they are in the right spot, especially Mach Rider with his sick air trick. lol

I like it alot.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It's pretty good but maybe since the first reveal for Smash 5 had that giant burning Smash Ball, you could put that in the background and silhouette the characters like in the trailer.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's pretty good but maybe since the first reveal for Smash 5 had that giant burning Smash Ball, you could put that in the background and silhouette the characters like in the trailer.
I'd be able to pull it off if I was an master at Photoshop, which I am a novice at best. Like layering the characters next to the flaming Smash Ball would make them all hard to see. lol

Maybe someone who is excellent with editing can help.

bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy or That Shadow Link. Either of them can be of help with that if people want it.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I don't like Shulk myself, either, but it's not into " I hate this guy territory". I'm okay with video game characters when it comes to Smash. As for non-video game characters, they can be a licensing nightmare with so many companies and people to point of it not being worth it.

Though yeah, I won't make the server immediately. I still need more suggestions before I do it. For now, I will make a mock-up server icon with server notable retros for the night.
As for multiple characters on the Discord servers, I'm fine with it for the most part. Takamaru's is one of Nintendo NES (or more accurately, Famicom) retro characters worth bringing to Smash in my opinion. Maybe Yuyuki's Goku could join in?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As for multiple characters on the Discord servers, I'm fine with it for the most part. Takamaru's is one of Nintendo NES (or more accurately, Famicom) retro characters worth bringing to Smash in my opinion. Maybe Yuyuki's Goku could join in?
Sounds about right.

Goku is kind of a darkhorse due to the whole "Dragon Ball Goku for Smash" noise in the fandom. And at least he'd be viable in comparison.

I'll see if I can squeeze him in next to Balloon Fighter.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Second thought, see if you can give Ayumi Tachibana a spot in the image since she is also a pretty notable retro.

Just do it only f it's possible.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's Smash Underdogs Icon V2, featuring Boku and Ayumi Tachibana. Take a gander, ronins.

I think things are look pretty full. Any more characters and that would be overkill. Now all I need is someone with good silhouette effects to make it dramatic for the flaming Smash logo.

Thoughts?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Here's Smash Underdogs Icon V2, featuring Boku and Ayumi Tachibana. Take a gander, ronins.

I think things are look pretty full. Any more characters and that would be overkill. Now all I need is someone with good silhouette effects to make it dramatic for the flaming Smash logo.

Thoughts?
I love it alot. I'm sure the final version will look much better.

I'll wish @Thatkidwiththeafro luck on editing this one.

The other ronins just may be impressed.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
BTW, for those interested, a while back I made a series of Icons for the Smash Bros. Roster Maker that focuses on the characters from the SW3 versions of the Murasame Castle characters, so I'm going to share them here with y'all.

Ayame is a composite character introduced in SW3's version of Murasame Castle, shes meant to represent all the maidens you can find hidden in Murasame Castle and can save for bonus points. Then the four demonic Castle Lords: Aosame, Akasame, Ryokusame, and Momosame. They're humanoid in appearance but if you play the mode in Nightmare Difficulty you fight them as their true demon forms.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
BTW, for those interested, a while back I made a series of Icons for the Smash Bros. Roster Maker that focuses on the characters from the SW3 versions of the Murasame Castle characters, so I'm going to share them here with y'all.

Ayame is a composite character introduced in SW3's version of Murasame Castle, shes meant to represent all the maidens you can find hidden in Murasame Castle and can save for bonus points. Then the four demonic Castle Lords: Aosame, Akasame, Ryokusame, and Momosame. They're humanoid in appearance but if you play the mode in Nightmare Difficulty you fight them as their true demon forms.
The images all seem broken to me.

I just may have to refresh it or there's something wrong with the links.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I remember some of those icons. Especially the Castle Lords.

Though like Aussie said, the images are also broken for me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Thoughts?

I'm OK with this, personally. Heck, I already support any and all retros, not to mention that I run the Pilotwings thread.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
one sec, ill get them on another site ...

Takamaru, Ayame, Lord Aosame, Demon Aosame, Lord Akasame, Demon Akasame, Lord Ryokusame, Demon Ryokusame, Lady Momosame, Demon Momosame.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Takamaru, Ayame, Lord Aosame, Demon Aosame, Lord Akasame, Demon Akasame, Lord Ryokusame, Demon Ryokusame, Lady Momosame, Demon Momosame.
Now I see them and they all look good.

We really need better art of Mike Jones, my lord. lol
Well I was going to use his StarTropics artwork and that would had looked out of place.

It was either that one you are looking at or the lame Pokemon Trainer edit of him. XD

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Much better, they all looks very excellent. I want the Momosame one in my sig for some reason. lol

We really need better art of Mike Jones, my lord. lol
I had the feeling you would react that way. lol

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I'm OK with this, personally. Heck, I already support any and all retros, not to mention that I run the Pilotwings thread.
Gotta agree with smashkirby there since part of the reason that I'm such a huge Nintendo fan is that they have such cool obscure characters;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Smash Underdogs Discord server is done. But I won't share it yet. I will make some finishing touches in the morning and have Afro give me the finished icon when he's done editing it.

Gotta agree with smashkirby there since part of the reason that I'm such a huge Nintendo fan is that they have such cool obscure characters;)
So I take it you would support Takamaru?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Smash Underdogs Discord server is done. But I won't share it yet. I will make some finishing touches in the morning and have Afro give me the finished icon when he's done editing it.
Good onya, love.

I can't wait to see the full server when you are fully finished with it.

Please make a Mini Kangaroo channel

Top Bottom