• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Guardians of the Galaxy" train has no brakes

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
I figured this could also double as a Marvel movie thread should people want it to, but as Comic-Con and the release date draws near, I decided to make a thread for it since it will be the "now" blockbuster.

The After-credits scene got spoiled online, and it's a bit of a doozy. So avoid that one, you'll want to go in surprised.

If anyone has no idea what I'm talking about, GOTG is a space opera pulp science fiction movie, based off of a C-List comic book series that lasted 24 issues, as well as around two hundred collective issues of comics from 2003-2010, that don't necessarily have the GOTG tag on them. It's also directed by James Gunn, who made Slither and Super.

I got the idea to check how much interest was on this board, after realizing both Smash 4 and GOTG have been having a similar hype train among its fans.

TayzerStrike

Smash Rookie
I'm actually really excited for this movie, looks fun, and I'm interested in how they plan on mashing the Avengers and GOTG together. I can't remember where I read it, but supposedly they are planning on combining the two teams. So that'll be very cool.

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
It took a while to stop, but now it's gearing up for its sequel

I saw it, best comic-book adaptation in ever. About every four minutes I buckled over because of how amazing they captured the humor of the comics.

If you like sci-fi or fun escapism, go to it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Went into this movie not really knowing at all what to expect; but was actually very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it immensely. The visuals, effects, and dialogue were all spot on and it had a very healthy balance of seriousness and humor. Rocket was my personal favorite~ Would watch again.

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
One of the few Marvel movies I genuinely love. It's a real breath of fresh air.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Um, is it just me, or was this one of the best Disney-era Marvel movies so far? I mean, very few movies can get me to laugh, cheer, and even sing all in the same five minutes.

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
Um, is it just me, or was this one of the best Disney-era Marvel movies so far? I mean, very few movies can get me to laugh, cheer, and even sing all in the same five minutes.
It's definitely my favourite since Captain America: The First Avenger. So yeah, best Disney-era Marvel movie in my opinion.

Top Bottom