• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Glorious WAft

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
Waft's range in general got nerfed. Half waft isn't as strong, but full waft is basically a KO punch in terms of power. Today I killed a TL mid stage with one and he was at 40%

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. Killing that early seems too good to pass up... Should Wario players move away from half wafts now and focus on blasting out the full thing?

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
Half wafts are good for killing lighter characters at 70%. Medium and heavy weight characters wont die to half waft until after 100% and yeah full waft is really clutch, camping for one will be really important.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
So...

I'm pretty sure I just saw a loading screen hint that says Wario builds gas when he eats an item.

This needs to be tested badly. If he can break his bike and eat the pieces to both heal and get a waft faster, that's going to be wonderful.

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
So...

I'm pretty sure I just saw a loading screen hint that says Wario builds gas when he eats an item.

This needs to be tested badly. If he can break his bike and eat the pieces to both heal and get a waft faster, that's going to be wonderful.
How sure of this are you? This is HUGE if it were true. Someone needs to test this with the bike ASAP.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I checked the JP wiki recently, and they noted there under the bite's changes from Brawl that eating items increases the waft's charge, along with its new projectile negating property, so I'm positive that it's true, considering how in-depth all the other move info there is.

It also noted that when constantly consuming items in training mode, they were able to max it in about 40 seconds. Wouldn't be surprised if it only builds something like one second of charge per item consumed. Still would be nice regardless.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I checked the JP wiki recently, and they noted there under the bite's changes from Brawl that eating items increases the waft's charge, along with its new projectile negating property, so I'm positive that it's true, considering how in-depth all the other move info there is.

It also noted that when constantly consuming items in training mode, they were able to max it in about 40 seconds. Wouldn't be surprised if it only builds something like one second of charge per item consumed. Still would be nice regardless.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is yet another BUFF.

THANKS SAKURAI :4wario2:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got a link to he JP wiki? I wanna see the other changes they may have recorded that we missed.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
Query: I've seen a lot of people saying that Wario's non-flowery Waft custom simply hits for less and charges faster, but the JP-translation for his moves calls it a "Rising Waft" and states that he does damage as he goes into the air.

I have yet to find any videos of this, but has anyone tested how strong Wario's body-hitbox is after he uses the Rising Waft, as he rockets into the air? I feel as though it's the true usage for the move, and everyone I've seen testing it thus far has only been using the gas's hitbox for comparison.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It's actually called the Fast Waft, and the description only says it charges much faster at the expense of power.

Everything about it is significantly weaker, including the body hitbox. It might be good if you want to use the waft for gimping people, but that's the only use I can think of for it.

Last edited:

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
Oh alright, I guess it was just a mis-translation from the leak. A shame, it seems most of Wario's basic moves are still the best. I do quite like the Vortex Chomp though, it seems fun for aerial approaches.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
If he can recharge his waft by eating items, does he get any boost from chewing up characters? If so, it may be more buffed than you thought.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
From testing in training, Wario needs to eat about 50 Sandbags before his waft goes from empty to full.

I also noticed that his almost fully charged waft does 3% more damage then the max charge, but it still has significantly less knockback.

Last edited:
Top Bottom