• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of this room.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I've not been as active around this room as much as I wanted to recently, although quite frankly, there wasn't much to look at. Right now this is mostly a place where power rankings are posted and I guess that's okay, but maybe people want a little more out of this? The recent stage discussion was fairly interesting, although I would have warned/infracted some people if I had been on it sooner.

As you might have noticed, I've unstuck the European ruleset topics. They were old and I believe rulesets have generally become stable with not too many differences from country to country. This is similar to how it was in Melee and I honestly don't think we need a ruleset that is 100% the same considering we don't have internationals on a weekly or even monthly basis. That said, we could do some data gathering on the various rulesets currently out there, which leads me to my next point:

What do you guys want to do? The room is okayish as it is, but there's room for more in at least the discussion department. This probably will never be a governing body of sorts as it's an entirely open room and our scenes can handle themselves just fine, but it's still a forum to come together.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see the need to change anything in here.

The only issue I have with the way the european section is handled is that our tournament announcements are moved to the tournament listings. I think it'd be way better if they just remained in the EU sections. Otherwise I'm fine with the way things are.

...and most other people seem to think so too, since there were no responses up to now^^

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
This place is pretty frickin useless IMO

just remove all the singular threads about PR's and make a grand European PR thread (all countries in one thread, perhaps attempts at european PR xD), and remove all stage specific discussion threads to make place for a grand European ruleset discussion thread.

that would at least promote activity here.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Most everything ranging from tournament listings to random social interaction is done on the tournament discussion board, with the regional section being really the errr, regional social section (after all, there is almost always international interest for anything with 60 or more attendants).

If you ask me, you drop competitive and leave regional and tournament for what they are.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I guess we have gotten more space on here than we realistically need and I'll think about this subsection more. If anything, I like that PR topics can be posted in here without social derailment.

Top Bottom