• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of Brawl on Anther's Ladder - players needed

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Eddy, one of the developers of Anther's Ladder, came to me the other day with this message on Skype:

Anther essentially said, he was unhappy with the small amounts of friendlies played (because he did open the chat up for people to come and play there but the build/iso/everything that needed to be done for Brawl netplay was a tad confusing at first.)

I need people, to join the ladder page, and start playing friendlies there to show that the Brawl Netplay community is not dead and is worthy enough to have a ladder. He has all the material to make one, but we need a major push by the community.
The Dolphin devs have incorporated the netplay code that SOJ and I worked on a few months back into the newest build, 4.0-6554. That's kind of huge. (For those who don't remember, Brawl netplay did not have a standardized codeset before that, and was therefore prone to save file desyncs in absence of a codeset that made the startup process with all unlocks easy and not take like 10 minutes to set up every bootup.)

Anther has expressed the willingness to build a ladder for Brawl, but there has not been enough interest in the friendlies chat. While Brawl has a very small player base right now, I also think this was caused by the chat not having been well known to a lot of people due to the absence of a ladder and Anther's having historically been more oriented to Melee and PM.

That being said, people who are still interested in playing Brawl need to follow the lead of the Smash 64 community, and build a stronger online netplay community in the absence of regular console majors.

The Dolphin devs did us a solid by incorporating our new code, that's a huge validation IMO. Next step: Brawl players, if you guys want to have a ladder like the rest of the smash games, get playing! The game needs a push from the smash community right now to make it happen.

I'll be updating the /r/smashbros guide to Brawl netplay sometime today after getting to know the new build a little better.

You can access the Brawl friendlies lobby at http://www.smashladder.com/netplay

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
No that is invalid, Wi-Fi ladder doesn't show the future for nothing that will improve Brawl's apprentice towards publicity. This will only divide players to go their separate paths like what I'm doing. And the majority will not switch to a computer instead of a television in order to brawl even if the connection seems to be better. But as long as people brawl then who cares. Good luck with this. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom