• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fourth Corpus Christi, TX tournament Results

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Sup melee players, results are in!

** Guilty Gear Slash (out of 10)
1st - PozerWolf
2nd - Killy
3rd - Furix

** 3rd Strike (out of 24)
1st - J.D
2nd - Crow
3rd - Lou

** Melee (out of 31)
1st - Caveman
2nd - Zolu
3rd - Smiles

A total of 58 registered and a **** load of people there just to watch!

Congrats on the winners, walking away with over $150 (1st placers).
Ask them to pay for your next dinner, lol.

Anyways, love to give a special thanks to:
Tim (Killy) for helping out advertise the tournament.
**** man, its hard to find people like you, and when we do find you its a **** god send. Your work on helping the Corpus scene is beautiful man, keep it up! It's too bad when someone like you is found, they eventually leave...
Still, you've got the Corpus scene going back up in playing games (for the most part) and gotten over 10 people to join up my tournament for 3rd Strike.
Doing a wonderful job, man!

Mark (Shin) for helping me in the 3rd Strike brackets.
Thanks for the help man, but you could've been a little quicker on it. Everytime I turned my head I kept seeing empty TVs

4 Him (?) for saving and help me on the SSBM brackets.
Yeah, I kind of ****ed up on the brackets and 4 Him came to the rescue and started helping me out in the losers. Thanks alot man, I was getting a head ache screaming everyone's name for every game.

Speaking of brackets, sorry for the **** up guys.
See, I'm use to doing it by setting everyone who lost back at the bottom. I've been doing this for a very long time and I've never ran into anyone who complained about it. But then again, I've never had to deal with this many people before.

Remember, when we first took started I was doing everything by myself while trying to play Guilty Gear. I had help for a while from registry by Killy, but that didn't last long at all because once he stopped helping I was hit by like +40 people that wanted in. Doing all this **** by myself was a real *****, so sorry for anything that went wrong during the tournament.
Also, sorry for my very, very poor performance in Guilty Gear. It was kind of obvious why I was playing bad, lol. All the stress from the tournament and me not having a chance to play at all before the tourny while trying to keep the other games under control, etc. Yeah...

Sorry for the ****ty schedules, I really didn't except this big of a turn out at all.
Seriously, this went beyond my expatiations.

With that said, next time's tournament will be better organized. And I mean, one hell of alot better, haha! Gonna start earlier seeing as how Melee and 3S are usually the biggest events, and after those games will be the rest. So don't worry, next time won't be as bad.
Oh, and the brackets will be better too ;p

With all that said, thanks everyone for showing up and hope to see you at my next one which should be around May.

Thanks for showing up!!

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
I really had fun at this event.

Pozer: Awesome tourny dude and it was great seeing you again. Watching you kick *** in Guilty Gear is always awesome. Gimmie a while before I can take you on though ;_;

Smiles: really glad I got a chance to talk to you and also excited that you joined for Guilty. Even though you beat me hardcore in Smash I still had fun with that. I did better than I thought I would :p I definately want to play more games with you dude.

Forkgirl: It was the first time I ever played you, but it was frickin' awesome! lol That last match of ours was pretty intense imo. My heart was actually pounding 'cause of all the tension from it. It was really close, but you kicked my *** in the end lol. I wouldn't mind playing you again someday

Shin: Thanks for the ride dude! It was really fun lol. Hope you had a safe trip back to Austin.

speaking of trip back! It was really cool watching the night sky through Shin's sunroof O_O I saw a shooting star for the first time in my life! zomg! this sounds really gay now. OKER THEN!!

laters

Top Bottom