• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Blow ~ Flash of the Heavenly Soaring Pikachu

Angiance

Smash Lord
This is going to be teaching one how to properly and effectively finish the opponent
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In order from most accurate to least accurate
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

U.Throw > Thunder /from about 100%/
-------------------------------------------------------------
This KO method is highly accurate because shields won't be an issue, and grab can be done from a dash-though it's very important to not force a grab; grabs are very, very, very, very, very, very bad to miss with.

~%#U.Smash~%# /from about 110%/
This is my personal favorite method for KOing the target. It is very accurate because it is EXTREMELY fast, can be done out of a dash, and even if it doesn't KO it sets up for Thunder.

This KO method is best used when one has high momentum or is a few steps ahead of the target (frame advantage).

U.Tilt > Thunder /from about 135%/
This is a very accurate KO method because it is also very defensive . U.Tilt covers a large area and has minor endlag, which makes it incredibly safe to throw out during high percents. It's most effective if you hit with the front end of the tail.

There are other attacks we have that can KO such as F.Smash, but the ones I listed are the only things that should really be taken into consideration since they are very accurate and very effective

Last edited:

NogGoggler

Smash Cadet
completely agree with the Utilt > Thunder combo. NO ONE does it for some reason, even though it's super safe. Also if you do it near the ledge, you can spike them to the blast zone.

Also don't forget fast fall fair > upsmash. Although it's not completely guaranteed, and it stumped by shield, its a really good and consistent KO.

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
completely agree with the Utilt > Thunder combo. NO ONE does it for some reason, even though it's super safe. Also if you do it near the ledge, you can spike them to the blast zone.

Also don't forget fast fall fair > upsmash. Although it's not completely guaranteed, and it stumped by shield, its a really good and consistent KO.
utilt > thunder only works with specific DI, but people really do need to do it more

M15t3R E

Smash Master
utilt > thunder only works with specific DI, but people really do need to do it more
Definitely, when the opportunity presents itself. U-throw -> thunder is superior though because you can act out of u-throw more quickly and u-tilt is more DI-able, if that makes sense. But, yeah, unless you are fighting a character with an absorber/reflector/cape/bucket, might as well go for the thunder.

Last edited:

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to get u-tilt in outside of the down throw combo at low percentage. It's so small that they have to be like right next to me. Any tips?

Megamang

Smash Lord
I can't seem to get u-tilt in outside of the down throw combo at low percentage. It's so small that they have to be like right next to me. Any tips?
Rolling is a good way to quickly space it, although it is quite vulnerable if predicted.

I have my c-stick set to attack so I can tilt while walking easily. I use my u-tilt out of a walk as a landing trap, as well as an anti-air against more close range aerials.

Additionally, its pretty doable to hit the utilt out of QA.

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
Drag down fair is a good way to get u tilt too
Perfect pivoting is another option
Other than that just be aware of how to space and what moves to punish

Top Bottom