• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fighter Ballot -WHen can we expect these results?

LiX

Smash Rookie
So it's been a bit since the Fighter Ballot has expired and we can no longer vote.
Now the question is: When can we expect the results and will we even ever get to see them statistically? Or will Nintendo just announce characters for DLC and we won't ever get certain numbers?

Then another thing that will be interesting is how long it will take until the chracters are released. If the poll was won by 3rd part characters, then it may well take some time until they are done finishing contracts and coding the characters. So they may release them in more than just one big wave, the Nintendo chars first, the 3rd party chars later.

What do you think how long we will have to wait?

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't think they'll even keep track of the numbers, seeing as it was a suggestion ballot and not a vote.
I think at least one or two characters will be based on a mixture of who they saw more frequently on the ballots and who would be an interesting and/or fanservicey character.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
As much as I don't want to have to wait until 2016...

we will probably hear back from them in 2016, which is a mighty shame since Nintendo has NOTHING to show for themselves this holiday season with Star Fox Zero pushed back. They're just piggybacking off Super Mario Maker and hoping Xenoblade Chronicles X does well. Some Smash DLC would heighten that Nintendo hype but it's becoming increasingly likely we will have to wait another uncertain set of time, maybe even months, before we even hear back from Sakurai and team.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
As much as I don't want to have to wait until 2016...

we will probably hear back from them in 2016, which is a mighty shame since Nintendo has NOTHING to show for themselves this holiday season with Star Fox Zero pushed back. They're just piggybacking off Super Mario Maker and hoping Xenoblade Chronicles X does well. Some Smash DLC would heighten that Nintendo hype but it's becoming increasingly likely we will have to wait another uncertain set of time, maybe even months, before we even hear back from Sakurai and team.
That's unlikely to happen. The last DLC were released in June, it's been 4 months since then and I doubt Sakurai and his team were taking a vacation during these 4 past months. Fairly confident we will get more DLC this year, unrelated to the ballot results.

As for the ballot results, I don't think we will ever have them. They never promised to tell us the results and they never said the most voted character(s) would become playable in Smash. Which is why I think not showing us the result might be a good thing. Imagine the meltdowns if they add the #2 character instead of the #1 because this character has more potential for being an unique fighter, etc...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I'm not sure we would be seeing the whole ballot results from the dev's anytime soon. They might show who voted for a character once their actually confirmed (As they did state something to that effect in the ballot page. Even then, it's probably a number of highlighted votes that stood out to them). But not the entire list though.....

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I am thinking that we'll see one character on November to commemorate the game's first year, and a second one in Spring 2016. Hopefully none are Shovel Crap Knight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom