• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fact is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Dedede's Infinite Chain Grab (henceforth will be called ICG) should be banned along with all other infinite's, at least in my opinon. What do you think?

First of all everyone D3 can ICG, with the exception of Luigi, can be chain grabbed normally. Brawl is bad enough as it is but to allow a character to have the ability to win an entire match with just 3 grabs is ridiculous. This makes those few characters that can be ICG a "near impossible" match up for them. Besides taking away D3 ICG doesn't really make the match ups that much harder for D3 mains. I know that even D3 mains can see this It just allows the characters that can be ICG a better chance to win. You can still chain grab them (except Luigi)

Secondly, whether it is done or not D3 has the potential to stall out a match with the ICG. I'm not saying anyone does it or anything but if a D3 player is on the same stock or a stock higher than their opponent then by ICG someone to 999% and continuing until the timer runs is an auto victory. And this is even gayer than doing the "plank" you can at least try to get a ledge camper off the ledge, but once a ICG is started there is nothing you can do but HOPE that your opponent messes up. Just think about this, are there any other tactics that are ALLOWED in tournaments so powerful that all your opponent can do is literally put down their controller and hope their competitor messes up???

Lastly by allowing ICG to exist in tournaments destroys the morale of players. Seibrik said this himself. What this means is that Luigi, Mario, DK and the rest of characters that can be ICG feel like they are forced to pick up a secondary just for this match up. Some feel that its an impossible match up, while others believe that its just too hard to try with their main characters so they must pick up a whole new character just to stand a chance.

By banning ICG's from tournaments allows some players to gain back their morale and confidence of their character, completely takes away the option and potential of stalling out a match by ICG, and takes away the "near impossible" match up list.

NOTE: This is not a rant or anything of that sort, I don't even play a character that can be ICG. I am only mentioning this in an effort to make this game a little better. Besides ICG is gay, I just wanna know you guys thoughts on ICG, and all other infinite's.

-advent-

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
I really don't understand why you would post this in the D3 boards when we have no authority over what is and is not legal, and in the end that's ultimately up to the back room and tourny hosts.

Instead of making a wall of text i'm just going to point out that IC's can end a match with 3 grabs as well. So can Marth v Lucas/Ness
Other Morale Breakers:
MK ***** most of the cast in one on one
Falco chaingrab to spike is instant death to a lot of the cast
Pikachu can grab spacies and chaingrab to up-smash to thunder for a KO.
Many characters can grab release wario -> horrible things.
Tether recovery characters can get gimped by someone holding the ledge.

Brawl has lopsided matches. It's what seconds are for. The good move past the disadvantages and crush opposition dispite the matchups.
Ultimately its your choice to play a match with a massive disadvantage.

Also about stalling. Most tournaments ban stalling. Unlike MK's infinite dimension cape glitch this is dead easy to see happening. Hell even with inhuman built in mega coded DI no one would survive a back/forward throw at 400 let alone 999. Just call a TO over, one with any sense would claim stalling and the tourny rules would take over from there.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I really don't understand why you would post this in the D3 boards when we have no authority over what is and is not legal, and in the end that's ultimately up to the back room and tourny hosts.

True, I just wanted to know the D3 boards thoughts and opinions on ICG.

-advent-

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
There already is a restriction on the so called "ICG"(I'm not going to continue to use that word), King DeDeDe cannot infinite chain grab past 300%. After that the match goes directly to the opponent of DeDeDe. But regular chain grab is not banned after 300%. Even at the last tournament, during the casuals I infinite chain grabbed someones DK to 275% the regular chain grabbed him to edge and then finished him off with a Forward grab hit off the edge(would of worked at 220%-250% anyways because of his wait[not considering that he would DI])

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Thank you!!

The game would be more fun and exciting without them.

Besides I think Texas already banned IC infinite grab, because of a certain someone named Hylian lolz.

-advent-
i don't see what the big deal is with IC CGs. they hardly ever win tourneys. if their win-rate was higher i would agree, but as it is, i gotta disagree.

(fyi, i don't use cgs. at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom