• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the day tilting changed my life

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
A few days ago i started watching Maximillian Dood's Asisst me serie. I already knew the guy and enjoyed his Week offs and reaction videos and heard alot about his Assist me serie and they where right they are both hilarious and informative, of course if you know anything of the game hes talking about.

Now i also found his special Assist Me of Super Smash bros Wii U where he was talking about basics like nockback, tilting and stuff and some more advance tactics like wavedashing. Something that caught my eye where the Tilting moves cause of all my years playing Super Smash i never payed much attention to the tilt moves, i know what a moron i guess.

This is mostly because i was used to jumping with the stick not the buttons so using an up Tilt was almost imposible without jumping and for side and down i usually either used smash attacks or special moves, after Max's video i desided to give it a shot, first off i found out you can turn off the jump on the stick so i did and it all changed.

Mostly the UP tilt on my fav char: Samus, that Axe kick has so many use, so many potential for combos and covering annoying floaty character like Rob. ALso Wolf UP titl kick hits harder than i anticipated and his down titl also comes off really fast and has decent range.

So yeah discovering titlting (and actually make good use of it really changed the way i play the game, gave me alot more combo posibilities and now my grounded Samus style is deadlier than ever!

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Nice. Learning new stuff about the game always feels good. Tilts are a gateway advanced technique, welcome to competitive Smash. There are a ton more, and each makes the game so much more fun.

Also some characters can angle their forward tilt in 3 different directions, so have fun with that.

Krauserlols

Smash Cadet
Nice. Learning new stuff about the game always feels good. Tilts are a gateway advanced technique, welcome to competitive Smash. There are a ton more, and each makes the game so much more fun.

Also some characters can angle their forward tilt in 3 different directions, so have fun with that.
I have noticed that when i wast being assault by din fires every blody second or dodging that bloody ROB spinner. Tilting has helped me build properly my grounded Samus combos.

Right now im trying to get the timing right on her missile landing cancel so i can shoot a guided missile in the air followed by a super missile and a charged shot back to back.

Top Bottom