• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Correct Way : My new series of small guides!

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Hey!

This is a new series I'm starting to help out players. The Correct way. A series where i show you good options/strings , defensive and offensive ways to use your character in this case; Lucario!

Because it was the 1st. Its a bit messy on the layout side. Feedback is appreciated as long as its not totally mean and mainly constructive criticism LOL But ye. Fire away! Subscribe if you enjoyed as i might do your character of choice next!
I will be posting them all in this thread weekly almost! and i am going to do all 51 characters. Please leave the thread be if possible!

If you have any questions; Comment Below. Leave your character suggestion for whos to be next!
For now ; peace~!

Now for the next one! I Feature Sonic! Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
That's not a problem loool.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
such a horrible title. u simply assume everyone did the wrong way if it's not your way.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
It does not state different ways are wrong or if its not my way its wrong Loooool. Its specific things picked out by mains of the character. What they are doing is basically the correct way, The series is best options and such. So stop being a snob about it. Also, If its not correct its wrong. Who wants to see a guide with wrong strategies ?

With that said ; My point has been made.

Last edited:

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
It does not state different ways are wrong or if its not my way its wrong Loooool. Its specific things picked out by mains of the character. What they are doing is basically the correct way, The series is best options and such. So stop being a snob about it. Also, If its not correct its wrong. Who wants to see a guide with wrong strategies ?

You may want to reevaluate who is being a "snob" in this situation. That said, i will not be watching these videos as I find your behavior in this thread distasteful and that's not the kind of person I want to learn from.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
You may want to reevaluate who is being a "snob" in this situation. That said, i will not be watching these videos as I find your behavior in this thread distasteful and that's not the kind of person I want to learn from.

Its truly fine by me lol. If they are complaining about a title, Then you truly are pitiful. Your loss not mine ^^
Your point was made incorrectly as it was thou who started it.

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
Your loss not mine ^^
False - you lose viewership. Speaking of, you should make a guide on the "correct way" to lose potential viewers. You can include lessons on: bashing all your potential constituents by calling them "snobs" or describing their opinions of your approach as "pathetic."

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
False - you lose viewership. Speaking of, you should make a guide on the "correct way" to lose potential viewers. You can include lessons on: bashing all your potential constituents by calling them "snobs" or describing their opinions of your approach as "pathetic."
Viewers? I do this for fun and to help others. Not to gain views. Its nice to see people enjoying videos but there is the odd people out like so. Im glad you wasted time in replying ^^ It only gives me pleasure. Picking out a small bit in the title and then trying to twist the wording is being pathetic. Reply more plox ^^.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Viewers? I do this for fun and to help others. Not to gain views. Its nice to see people enjoying videos but there is the odd people out like so. Im glad you wasted time in replying ^^ It only gives me pleasure. Picking out a small bit in the title and then trying to twist the wording is being pathetic. Reply more plox ^^.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt at first, but your posts show an extreme arrogance, and your title reflects that. You can't post guides with this sort of mentality. It makes them incomplete and worthless. Which I can confirm, because your guide isn't too good as a whole. So many unsafe things.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I think it's interesting and I learned a couple things (since I use neither Lucario or Sonic) but I highly reccommend you to change the title, whether you find it okay or not people can be bothered by a title that sounds pretentious. Not only can it cause people to think badly of you, but it can also cause people to ignore the purpose of your video in the first place, and what's the point in that?
That aside, from watching your videos against Nairo I can tell you've got a really nice Pit and some pretty slick editing.
Don't judge a book by it's cover. Just give it a chance, people.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
"So Many Unsafe things" - All of which from a sonic main that made the options and such. The title dont reflect who i am Lmfao. Big woop, I named a video something, So I cant post guides if im rude to someone for being total negative? Welp thats life. It dont go your way.

Alot of people enjoy the guides; You're just trying to make a point that's FALSE. As i said. 2/3/4 people that dont wanna watch it because of the title really doesnt bother me, they are losing out ^^
Its THE CORRECT WAY. - NOT THE ONLY WAY, NOT THE ULTIMATE WAY, NOT THE PERFECT WAY, NOT THE PRO-EST WAY. Good/Best Options that the character has but instead you bash on the title ^^'
Leffen's arrogant and hes OP Loooool. All i can say is settle it in smash if you want to keep on complaining about such a small thing. Now please, Your salty-ness satisfies me, keep replying ^^

Enjoy ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
"Correct" is an arbitrary level of gradation, objectively quantifying it is basically impossible and does, for better or for worse, suggest an unfortunate trend in your methodology. You are suggesting that there is a "correct" way to play a certain character, thereby implicitly compromising the integrity of the player and excising any sense of personal input and unique playstyle that they may happen to possess.

Noble aspirations, and I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but your attitude does not help your case. This thread seems to be set on a collision course, though I hope for everybody's sake that we can steer it back to a decent discussion and be civil about it.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Ye lets stop it now, Just leave it. Its only a title; its mainly about the content. Im gonna try to get a moderator to clear it up so its just the videos and keep it locked to that somehow lol

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
So let's talk about the content :
There is some interesting stuff, but I don't think the way it is presented fit it. It's too fast, way too fast.
Also, I feel like it's a bit pointless to show some combos (or whatever you call it) without any explanations. This kind of combo showcase is great at the end of a guide, because you explained how the character works earlier in the video, but in this case, it reminds me the kind of video I hate (I'm not saying I hate yours) : "xxxxxxxx test". You know, these guys who made exactly what you are looking for, upload it on youtube, but doesn't give any explanations on how to do it, nor download link. It's like "hey look It's possible to do this, good luck".
IMO you should focus on 3-4 combos only but explain why it works, when it works, and what your opponent can do to escape it.

Now about the title and the discussion :
First of all, the title is really important, because it's the first thing people will see, don't underestimate it, it's not "only a title". If you realise that the title isn't that great, it's ok to change it (even if you can't change the opening of the video, at least change the youtube title, so people will understand you changed your mind).
Secondly, don't share your videos if you are not ready to get some critics. Most of the time when you start making videos, people just ignore them, and you don't get any feedbacks. Here people told you there is something wrong, you are lucky. It means they watched the video, and took the time to help you to improve. Don't be a *****, and listen to them, thx them for the feedbacks. Then you can decide if you will follow their advices or not (you should, but you don't have to).
I made more than 100 videos on League of Legends, so I know what I'm talking about^^

Because of my english level I always have troubles to find a good title, so I can't give you any ideas, but yeah, I don't like this title : there is no correct way, and it sounds pretentious.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
So let's talk about the content :
There is some interesting stuff, but I don't think the way it is presented fit it. It's too fast, way too fast.
Also, I feel like it's a bit pointless to show some combos (or whatever you call it) without any explanations. This kind of combo showcase is great at the end of a guide, because you explained how the character works earlier in the video, but in this case, it reminds me the kind of video I hate (I'm not saying I hate yours) : "xxxxxxxx test". You know, these guys who made exactly what you are looking for, upload it on youtube, but doesn't give any explanations on how to do it, nor download link. It's like "hey look It's possible to do this, good luck".
IMO you should focus on 3-4 combos only but explain why it works, when it works, and what your opponent can do to escape it.

Now about the title and the discussion :
First of all, the title is really important, because it's the first thing people will see, don't underestimate it, it's not "only a title". If you realise that the title isn't that great, it's ok to change it (even if you can't change the opening of the video, at least change the youtube title, so people will understand you changed your mind).
Secondly, don't share your videos if you are not ready to get some critics. Most of the time when you start making videos, people just ignore them, and you don't get any feedbacks. Here people told you there is something wrong, you are lucky. It means they watched the video, and took the time to help you to improve. Don't be a *****, and listen to them, thx them for the feedbacks. Then you can decide if you will follow their advices or not (you should, but you don't have to).
I made more than 100 videos on League of Legends, so I know what I'm talking about^^

Because of my english level I always have troubles to find a good title, so I can't give you any ideas, but yeah, I don't like this title : there is no correct way, and it sounds pretentious.
I understand what you mean. The Lucario one was built up with mainly combos and it was just a start ( im going to do lucario again one day) but the sonic one was presented better. The whole point of the guide is that you learn in a small amount of time. If i explained, it would become a full long guide, Thats why they are in their own sub headings and its up to the player to Invest time into the tips/tricks to understand it like anyone would with a normal guide in general. They can always ask questions in the comments too.

For the title; Im not changing it. If you say you dont like the title, Then explain in a more formal manner rather then coming out and just saying "i dont like it , it makes it sound like your right im wrong" Kinda thing. Its tough, You analysed the title into depth for no reason when it doesnt even mean that. There's nothing behind the title. All you have to do is leave it be lol.

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok, I didn't watch the sonic one cause I don't like sonic at all.

For the title, it doesn't matter what you think it means, or what it doesn't mean in this case, but what matters is what people think it means. I don't know you, I can't know what you wanted to say or not to say using this title, but to me it does sound pretentious. Even if you tell me that it's not your thoughts, it stills sound the same. You can't tell people how to feel.
Anyway, you decided to keep this title, I don't mind, it's your choice and I respect it.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Why don't we like the title?

I think I've already demonstrated my rationale behind it. But as well as that, it's due to interpretation. There is no singular method of interpreting a text, be it a novel or the title of a video, and you must take that into account when presenting your text. Your own intentions behind the title are irrelevant; unless you are actively there to explain to every viewer the reasons for choosing your title and its meaning, the viewer will interpret it in their own particular way. And the issue here is that, as has already been demonstrated, your demographic has nigh-unanimously told you that they interpreted it in a distasteful and arrogant manner.

Barthes speaks of the "death of the author" in his work on literary theory: to wit, the author's intent is nullified when a text is presented to the public viewer. The meaning of a text is highly sensitive and utterly dependent on the particular sensibilities and peculiarities of the recipient; in this case, your viewers. Your viewers will not necessarily share your views on the title, and since it is the viewers who are the crux of your success as a video-maker, it would be wise to take their feedback into account.

As previously mentioned, criticism is good and should be taken into account. As a writer, I know that it is very important to receive opinions from my readers, as they are the ones to whom I am presenting the text and they are the ones who will decide if I am a successful writer or not; my own interpretation is inherently meaningless and rendered void unless I specifically state what the intention behind the text is. But that would be didactic, and would possibly alienate the reader even moreso.

tl;dr - It's already been stated numerous times why the title is subject to criticism. I'm only saying this in response to your query; if it's generating this much controversy, though, I suggest you pull back and seriously consider your priorities.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I like the choice of the title, it was suppose to be something "Obnoxious" but something that a view would look past. the majority of my viewers see past the title. if i was gonna change it, i would take out correct. Even then there would be complaints so i will leave it for now.

Top Bottom