• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The coin game

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
In Melee we had a lottery, In Brawl a Space Invaders like game.
What kind of game should they come up with this time?
The easiest solution would be a slot machine with the faces or the symbols of the characters (and as new characters are unlocked new combinactions will come, obviously).
It could work, yes, but, besides being very cheap, it would freak the parents, making they think this game could lead their children to gambling.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In Melee we had a lottery, In Brawl a Space Invaders like game.
What kind of game should they come up with this time?
The easiest solution would be a slot machine with the faces or the symbols of the characters (and as new characters are unlocked new combinactions will come, obviously).
It could work, yes, but, besides being very cheap, it would freak the parents, making they think this game could lead their children to gambling.
witch is why in the western version we'll instead get something resembling mine sweep

you know like they did with pokemon HG/SS

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
NO!!!! NO NO NO! What a scandal! Slot machines in a kiddy-friendly Super Mario NINTENDO game! No!

Think of the CHILDREN! PLEASE!! We must not TAINT the future generations with horrible things like slot machines.

/obvious sarcasm

The slot machine wouldn't be a bad idea, but you know how some people are.

I always liked the slot machines in Pokémon, but I draw a line between fiction and reality, something certain people don't.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
****ing Voltorb Flip, I hate it so much.

At least I still have Emerald where I can go gambling like there's no tomorrow. And if things don't go well, well RESET.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
****ing Voltorb Flip, I hate it so much.

At least I still have Emerald where I can go gambling like there's no tomorrow. And if things don't go well, well RESET.
I liked Voltorb flip. I miss being able to just buy a whole binch of tokens for whatever prizes I wanted.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
how about plinko like in that minigame to get prizes with coins in Nintendoland?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Well, here is a coin game you can actually play with a char:
Imagine a scheme (like the one of target tests) with 25 chests, disposed in a 5 x 5 grid and platform and walls constructed ramdomly about them. Of these 25 chests 20 contains stickers and trophies and five contains the Duck Hunt dog. If you find a sticker it means there are not dogs in the nearby chests. if you find two stickers there is one dog in the nearby chests. if you find two stickers and a trophy there are two dogs in the nearby. if you find two stickers and two trophies there are three dogs in the nearby. And if you are so luicky to find a music CD or three stickers and two trophies (once the CDs are finished), it means all the four chests nearby contans a dog.
Of course, if you pay for a 16 chests game there are just four dogs in total. And with 9 chests just three dogs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually liked voltorb flip.

It wasn't really like minesweeper. I always thought of it more like some kind of sudoku or something. It's a number puzzle game

It CAN be like minesweeper if you just press things randomly without paying attention how to play it

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Like minesweeper with a smash bros twist? Cool idea Z. But seriously can we just get a friggin item shop!?!
Or two: one owned by Tom Nook and the other owned by Redd. Maybe hidden in the story mode track like the secret zone of Super Mario World.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Just a running thought: Would you like a little quiz game like the one in Mario & Sonic At The Olympic games?

Samples:

Question: Which console did the Starfox series debuted in?

Up: NES
Right: Super NES
Down: Nintendo 64
Left: Game Cube

Question: Which Sonic character didn't debuted on a Nintendo machine?

Up: Blaze The Cat
Right: Big The Cat
Down: Cream The Rabbit
Left: Vanilla The Rabbit

Question: Which of this is not the name of one of Pacman's ghost?

Up: Blinky
Right: Linky
Down: Inky
Left: Pinky

Question: Which sentence is false?

Up: Riolu evolves into Lucario
Right: Mew evolves into Mewtwo
Down: Pichu evolves into Pikachu
Left: Pikachu evolves into Raichu

Question: which of these characters is appeared in Punch Out Wii?

Up: Captain Falcon
Right: Donkey Kong
Down: Ganondrof
Left: Waluigi

Top Bottom