• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The clones for DLC thread

Braydon

Smash Ace
This is a thread for all the clones you would want to see as DLC, such as Protoman as a Megaman clone, or Chrom as an Ike clone. Post any clones you'd like to see, and how they'd be different from their counterparts.

Personally I'd love to see Protoman available for DLC as a slightly faster lighter megaman with alternate projectiles.
>Neutral special, Gemini laser: Like a metal blade can be fired in 8 directions, bounces of terrain and can't be picked up. Slightly slower and stronger than a metal blade. >Side special, Proto shield: Protoman draws his trademarked shield reflecting any projectile that hits it. Incredibly fast reflect move that can be used while moving.
>Down special, Water shield: 8 circling shots, you can attack with it up, or have the shots spiral out with a second press.
>Jab, Proto buster: Can fire rapid weaker pellets that don't cause flinching, like a short range version of foxes blaster, or charge by holding the button to fire a single strong pellet.

And Medusa as a faster Palutena clone, that lacked some of the defensive options:
-Her dash attack and back air don't have invulnerability, instead she uses a quick slash with her staff, with slightly more range.
+Her tilts and arials that use her staff have a faster slashing motion, with far less end lag.
>Her side special is replaced with a move where she detaches her head, and sends it off as a slower boomerang like projectile, pierces enemies allowing for the possibility of multiple hits, while Medusa's head is detached she is slight slower and lighter.

+The beam created by her up smash starts below her, as it comes from the underworld, it goes up slightly less high but since it goes down it can hit players below her.
>Her neutral special is faster but weaker.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Hmmm, i'd rather have Medusa be her own character (after seeing what she's capable of in Kid Icaurs: Uprising),
but if it's the only way she can be implemented in Smash4 (out of time constrains, resources), i wouldn't mind her being a faster Palutena clone.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Why? I'm talking about Protoman not ringman, he's not some obscure character or anything.
I think his point is that Smash shouldn't have more than one playable character from the same 3rd party game.
...and i kind of agree with him. Otherwise we'd get terrible choices like Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Blinky, etc.
That spot should be reserved for better and more fitting choices, like other titular 3rd party characters, or Nintendo characters (let's not forget what Smash is about!)

I do like Protoman, but Megaman is enough. (Seriously, i'm just glad he made it into the game at all!)

Using DLC for newcomer CLONES is a bad idea. I would love Viridi as a palutena clone from pure bias. But no one wants time being wasted in characters that

-could be unique
-aren't worth the effort.

people still complain about dark pit. Imagine DLC clones

Braydon

Smash Ace
@ HakuryuVision HakuryuVision
Allowing one series two reps doesn't mean they have to flood the game with 3rd party reps, there's no reason they have to add more sonic reps if they add megaman reps. The thing is protoman could make a good brawl fighter
, tails or blinky couldn't

@Oni36
People are mad about dark pit because he's basically a recolor, nobody gets mad about clones like falco, or lucas.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
Of course, Ill buy any dlc character. But the only clone dlc Id really play is Roy.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I think his point is that Smash shouldn't have more than one playable character from the same 3rd party game.
...and i kind of agree with him. Otherwise we'd get terrible choices like Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Blinky, etc.
That spot should be reserved for better and more fitting choices, like other titular 3rd party characters, or Nintendo characters (let's not forget what Smash is about!)

I do like Protoman, but Megaman is enough. (Seriously, i'm just glad he made it into the game at all!)
Essentially this.
Smash Bros is a Nintendo crossover. Guest characters should be just that: guests we're happy to see and accept with open arms, but not someone who brings a bunch of his buddies to the party.

Braydon

Smash Ace
I don't understand how letting the second most prominent antagonist from a series that, while third party, is almost exclusively published on Nintendo systems, will make the game go to hell. I'm sorry.

I don't see it making them lose control and now suddenly they're adding every hedgehog from sonic.

And honestly Megaman is often associated with Nintendo due to how prominently his games are published on Nintendo consoles, it's not like adding a character from resident evil or sonic.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't understand how letting the second most prominent antagonist from a series that, while third party, is almost exclusively published on Nintendo systems, will make the game go to hell. I'm sorry.

I don't see it making them lose control and now suddenly they're adding every hedgehog from sonic.

And honestly Megaman is often associated with Nintendo due to how prominently his games are published on Nintendo consoles, it's not like adding a character from resident evil or sonic.
it doesnt matter how good their relationship with nintendo is, nintendo characters will all ways be the focus of the game with 3rd party guests kept to a minimum

Braydon

Smash Ace
it doesnt matter how good their relationship with nintendo is, nintendo characters will all ways be the focus of the game with 3rd party guests kept to a minimum
Yes because if they added protoman capcom characters would out number nintendo chars 2:37...

Braydon

Smash Ace
i think your missing the point, 3rd party characters even from a series thats already in smash are very unlikely
I think you have no point. Adding in protoman would not over run the nintendo characters.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If they where to include any clones as DLC, they should give them a little more individuality much like the semi-clones from Brawl.

I think they should probably also bundle them up with other content as well such as an additional unique character or a couple stages, much like how it was done for Mario Kart 8 I suppose.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The problem with adding Protoman is that we'll need another Sonic rep and another Pac-man rep. Then if we get more third party franchises then they'll need a second rep as well.
If a third party is to be added then they'll be from a company that doesn't already have a character playable in the game (Snake, Rayman etc.)

As for clones.
Yeah they could all be a lot more unique and the ******** isn't worth the effort if Goth Pit is anything to go by.
That and Roy is a terrible Lord in the FE series

Braydon

Smash Ace
The problem with adding Protoman is that we'll need another Sonic rep and another Pac-man rep. Then if we get more third party franchises then they'll need a second rep as well.
If a third party is to be added then they'll be from a company that doesn't already have a character playable in the game (Snake, Rayman etc.)

As for clones.
Yeah they could all be a lot more unique and the *****ing isn't worth the effort if Goth Pit is anything to go by.
That and Roy is a terrible Lord in the FE series
Hmm... yes I'm sure nintedo signed a contract to have all third party companies have an equal amount of reps, because you know that would totally make sense.

Seriously why the hell do people keep saying all companies must be equally represented, there absolutely no reason they would and no reason to believe they would.

Reps don't even go by company they go by game....

Top Bottom