• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The can.

puffypalutena

Smash Cadet
NNID
PuffyPalutena
3DS FC
1736-0501-7736
I first did this accidentally when I was playing FG. I went up to the opponent and used the can (accidentally). It blew us both up and sent us high up (we were both at high percents). He was behind me so I finished him off with a Bair. I keep doing that now, just for fun. It's definitely not safe, but I wanna know if this can be utilized. :D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is not something I would do on purpose... but I definitely would take advantage of the situation like you just did if it does happen to me.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I always start buffering the hit if I know they DI the same direction as me. I only won't if I'm at a big percent deficit.

I usually find that the opponent is caught more off guard than I am...I'm quite used to being hit with the can.

It is not something I would do on purpose... but I definitely would take advantage of the situation like you just did if it does happen to me.
Goofy as it is, this is a good way to get out of Sheik Fair/Bouncing Fish combos if all else fails.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I've definitely done this before, though not on purpose. If you're in a combo that you know will kill you, using the can as a combo breaker is the smart thing to do.

If they're at can kill percents though, you can use THEM starting a combo on you as a way to confirm the can hitting them. That'd be pretty cool to do.

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
Going up against Sheik or Sonic I do this fairly frequently by accident. Few of them manage to DI out of my range in time and I get hit with my own cans so often that I've gotten used to angling it for an easy uair/bair.

Top Bottom