• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bridge, The Boar and The Break

C

Cold Stone

The crumbled bridge shot looks like it’s taking up the whole screen, but if you look at how zoomed in that is, it’s really probably only about 1/3 or so of the playable surface, i’m sure they’ll make it so all the characters can jump across–although will probably be easy for some, and a matter of skill for others…

C

Cold Stone

Actually if you look at that establishing shot you can see little seams in the top of the bridge, i think the part they’ve shown crumbled is just that very middle little section, perhaps different sections of the bridge are destroyed at random

L

Lava

I’m going to feel bad turning off such a pretty looking stage. (But most likely after the first couple of months, I will.)

U

UndrDog

I’m leaning towards Midna being an Assist Trophy.

Anyway back to the topic, this new stage is interesting. In all honesty, it’s possible that this stage has no edges. And that until the stage is broken all kills must be done in star form. Just a thought.

S

Sneaky

This is a great concept for a stage then. Give people free roaming space.

But then again, there’s all that space. Characters like Fox, Samus, and Pit would do TOO well here, just like they would on any “poorly designed” stage.

C

CHUK

Stage looks perty but I highly doubt this stage would be used in competetive play. It seems more unlikely than mushroom kingdom. I know that guy will destroy combos hard :).

S

Sneaky

This actually seems very likely for competition. Stay at the center and draw the battle out.

K

Karleko

Seems like a beautifully designed stage, would be a shame to have to ban it. I’m sure I’ll be using it in casual battle.

F

Falcofucker

I think the random parts crumbling is a good idea…and minda becoming an assist trophy sounds like a good idea

F

Falcofucker

Inthe pictures with the bridge crumbling it looks like the bridge flung the charicters to the closest side. It doesnt look like Kirby and Pikachu are trying to recover

S

Sneaky

It looks like Pikachu is jumping backwards and Kirby was knocked down.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Falco: That’s because the bridge doesn’t just colapse, King whatsit blows it up.

T

TheJesticle

I think it would pretty sweet if you would be able to jump across the pieces as they are falling in order to make it across. It would make for an epic ninja like battle.

S

Sneaky

It doesn’t look like the bridge crumbles from the bottom first, so i’m not sure about that idea.

S

Sneaky

No one does, without video proof. Then again, since the game is still in development, even videos can be wrong (many thought Fox would fight with his Blaster always in his hand from the video, this was later confirmed to be false).

S

Someone

With the stage design for all the Brawl stages so far, something seems to be missing…

A

awesome ivan

is this the is east bridge over the lake that doesn’t get broken and you fight king b the second time or the west bridge over the pit that does get broken and you fight king b the second time? (in twilight princess i mean)

P

princess peach

i think this stage is like peach’s castle
in peach’s castle a gaint bullit bill appers
but nowking b appers the idea

P

princess peach

what i’m tring to say in my last comment
is that the two stages i’m talking about
are the same idea but diffrent shapes.

F

Falcofucker

I think everyone gets knocked back when the bridge breaks

K

kelad

They should of just chucked in turtle bridge G&W,because this it looks like.

F

Falcofucker

They should put in the rainbow stage from mario kart 64…im talking the whole stage

P

princess peach

wow you are right sneaky i love the one mario karty DS.

S

Sneaky

You can still jump half a stage on a certain course. That’s my Wi-Fi secret though. Not cheating, it just takes practice. If you don’t get it right when you try it, consider it an instant loss of the race.

S

Sneaky

I sort of think Midna is involved with this stage. I don’t think anyone else would do it.

R

ravenkikas

ppl this is NOT the Final destination stage… how can you even think that?
Can you imagine fighting master hand here?!? NO WAY!
There was a Final destination stage in the first super smash bros for Nintendo 64 (not in MP), but brawl will have one too just like melee! THAT’s FOR SURE!
[ ]

Top Bottom