• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Boomerang Pulls More Than Thought? *some spoilers*

Beno

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeQnJxm5n2k

At around 4:05-4:10 It looks like
***Marth***
gets pulled by Link's boomerang not just slightly but the whole time the boomerang is out (or just the majority of time).

Then again, it could be just "a trick of the light."
Either that, or I'm just crazy.

What do you think?

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
it does look like it but it might be because marth was off the ground the entire time, if marth were standing on solid ground it may be a very different story.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I also noticed at around 1:50 and 4:20, the Gale Boomerang drew Marth in a tad, even though it hit him when going out instead of passing him by, in which Link subsequently landed that Fsmash. I don't recall the regular boomerang doing that in Melee or 64. Judging from the other footage in the video, it seems to only work some of the time though (perhaps positioning is an asset to it). I'll admit I always had some doubts for the Gale Boomerang's pullback function, but if that's part of the weapon's ability, then it could be somewhat advantageous for combo'ing.

Top Bottom