• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The blade of two fates - Marth/Lucina guide (Lucina side)

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Hey everyone

The guide I have been working on for the past month has been strictly on the Marth side of the forum. For quite a while, I have been considering making it reflect Lucina too, as their gameplay is rather similar and maybe it will be of some help. So from here onwards, I will be editing my guide to reflect both Marth and Lucina. For those who have not seen it, here's the link for it if you are interested:

http://smashboards.com/guides/the-blade-of-two-fates-marth-lucina-guide.89/

On that note, I made this post so I can notify Lucina players of any updates/changes, as well as just gathering more people to give feedback and such to develop the guide further. Most of the stuff already applies to Lucina as well, but I'll be editing the posts so I can say which ones work better for who and whatnot. I hope even some of it will be of help to you Lucina players out there, and that we can all work together to make this guide as complete and comprehensive as possible.

Last edited:

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE 8D

Alrighty, I've made the transition to the post now being an actual guide. So the link in the main post has been update to reflect this. Now I actually need to get some editing done so Lucina can shine in that guide as well. Please look forward to it ^^

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE @.@

Forgot to update on this end, but here at the list of changes as of 24/11/2014:

The FThrow setup has now been added to the Setup/Combo section. Full Hops have been added to the Basics section under the title "Short Hop vs Full Hop" in the other options sub section. Another followup option has been added to the Air DB and ground DB setups, which is the double jump DB setup. Finally, a new topic titled "Little Mac - Big Problem" has been added to the General MU pointer's section.

I probably won't edit the guide to reflect Lucina in the text until exams are over, but know that nearly everything does apply to Lucina quite well after my own testing. But more details on that when I actually get around to editing.

Also, new videos will be uploaded and added this Friday, so hopefully it'll be something that will be helpful to you Lucina players out there specifically (hint hint, nudge nudge ;D).

Last edited:

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE O.O

Time for that official announcement guys xD

New additions to the Old vs New Marth videos have been added, as well as a new video playlist for all you Lucina players out there, which demonstrates how all these setups and such translate to Lucina. Minor change/addition to the Attack String section also been done.

Still waiting on dem exams, but at the very least I've still got some videos on the backburner, waiting to be uploaded xD So I will keep the YT channel up to date every friday (as much as I can help it)

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE I . I
Time for that double update annoucement xD I did only a small amount of editing for the previous update + talk about something thats sorta common knowledge, so I decided not to post on it yet. But anyways, here's the official update announcement with all the bells and whistles:

29/11/2014
Minor update to the doube jump DB setup under the Setups and combo's section > Air DB setup subsection. Under the NAir/UAir combo subsection, an additional followup has been added to the UAir part, which is also an actual combo. Also, the Utilt setup/trap/combo has been added to where it obviously belongs - Setup and combos section xD

5/12/2014
A new set of videos has been added, and this playlist will be for matches/tutorials I do in the future that cover the stuff talked about on the guide. Hopefully I continue to make time to keep this going, but with exam times nearly over, I'd say I'd have a lot of time to make more material in the coming weeks xD

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE e.e

Up a bit late to finish up the updates for today, but here they are:

The anti air Jab setup and the pummel setup has been added to the setups/combos section. Also, I've edited the basic's section to reflect Lucina reality when using them, and I will slowly work on the other sections to reflect Lucina's role if it is any different from Marth's in those regards.

Now then, time to get some sleep xD

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE Q_Q

Been slacking off on the updates since I've been gaming too much xD but here is the current update notice for today:

UPDATE (12/12/2014):

Oh boy, here comes two new videos, but this time against one of Marth's tougher MUs - Yoshi. Hopefully this small update may be of some help for those working against that MU

UPDATE (15/12/2014): The setups section has now been edited to reflect Lucina, though really, both characters do the same setups and combos about the same, just keep an eye for the tipper/sour spots for Marth. Also, one new option for the DTilt setup was added

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE =_=

This update isn't particularly beefy, but I did want to mention this for the Lucina players, as well as give a personal update that will affect my progress on editing the guide for a little bit.

Two new Lucina videos against Robin has been added to the playlist in the videos section. Also, the Lucina and Marth playlists will now show the MUs they cover in the order they are fought in on the playlist for convenience.

Also a personal update is that I will be away from the 22nd to 25th of December, so I will be unable to respond or update the guide until I have returned from my trip xD I may still be around to answer questions and such, but no promises.

Last edited:

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE *_*

Here we are ladies and gentlemen; the day before New Years Eve. Hopefully everyone has enjoyed the year xD anyways, I have now updated the stategies section to reflect Lucina, which really isn't much that needed to be changed to be honest. The SH air dodge approach has been elaborated on a bit in the strategies section, and 4 new videos have been added to the Marth video playlist: one as a ditto (X-ian) who has taken the stuff from the guide and made it his own, and one of the great Ike main's from Brawl, Waldo.

Happy New Years to everyone!

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back with new updates to the guide. So first up, there has been some additions and clarifications to the UAir and DAir descriptions in the basics section. Additions to the Air DB setup and the Pummel setup have been made too. Lastly, I've finally continued typing in the general MU section; the new topic is called "Speed characters and slowing them down", along with additions to the "Little Mac - Big problem" topic.

Hopefully I'll get back to making more Smash videos soon, but in the meantime, I'll do what I can for improving the guide's presentation and content.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
UPDATE NOTICE ( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ☀

Slight change to the subtitles under setups/combos to indicate where the true combos for Marth/Lucina are. Updated the jump cancel for out of shield options in the basics section (as I forgot to add something there). Also, an edited entry in the Air DB setup, which is also a true combo, along with a new addition thanks to Gregore's video on the DS followup off stage (funny that I missed it, since I wrote it for on stage followup xD).

Top Bottom