• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The bittersweet speculation period

Dan

Smash Lord
And this go-around it's gonna go quicker than ever.

Can we just take a second to appreciate the months leading up to a Smash release; everyone living on Smashboards and hunkering down in their favorite character's support thread. Who knows how long it will be if and when we will ever do this again.

It seems like yesterday Sm4sh had dropped in Japan and we were all waiting eagerly, following streamers, waiting to see if there were any characters left hidden in the final build.

There's nothing I enjoy more than being on this board in the middle of the night, shooting the breeze with fellow speculators... we rock! :)

If this doesn't belong on this board, move it, but I'm mainly referring to the speculation of characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And this go-around it's gonna go quicker than ever.

Can we just take a second to appreciate the months leading up to a Smash release; everyone living on Smashboards and hunkering down in their favorite character's support thread. Who knows how long it will be if and when we will ever do this again.

It seems like yesterday Sm4sh had dropped in Japan and we were all waiting eagerly, following streamers, waiting to see if there were any characters left hidden in the final build.

There's nothing I enjoy more than being on this board in the middle of the night, shooting the breeze with fellow speculators... we rock! :)

If this doesn't belong on this board, move it, but I'm mainly referring to the speculation of characters.
You know, even if this thread will be locked in no time, I’m glad you pointed it out. The good things we always take for granted, but I feel grateful for this period. It’s almost like an endless cycle, on the announcement of a new Smash game, bitter veterans and fresh blood show up here to discuss who will be in it. We may not see eye to eye, or agree on character picks, but at the end of the day, whether casual or competitive, this is the moment when all Smash fans converge together.

There truly is something special about that. Thanks for making me realize.

Top Bottom