• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Games of Last Generation II

finalark

SNORLAX
Link to original post: [drupal=1228]The Best Games of Last Generation II[/drupal]

NOTE: All things that are not re-awarded from the previous list are final. If a category from list one appears, that means that my mind has been changed and that it is being rewritten to reflect said changes. If (insert game here) is not mentioned, that means that I have either not played the game, or I didn't like it. Also note that this list only includes console games.

I told you that I would rewrite The Best Games of Last Generation , and it's true! I've added in several new categories for your entertainment. Now lets get started.

Best Action/Adventure game:

I'll admit that I haven't played many action/adventure games from last gen. However, I thought that there were a few games that deserved mentioning. Honorable mentions for this category are Bully, God of War, Luigi's Mansion, Starfox Adventures and Shadow of the Colossus. The winner is Devil May Cry 3, while I didn't like the first two I found that this one provided more hours of entertainment than most, plus a lot of ways to kill dudes with swords and guns. And because this is worth mentioning, this beat God of War by just a little.

Best New RPG Character:

Characters are what (usually) make an RPG, along with story. So I really had to think when choosing a character. Here are the honorable mentions: Riku (Kindom Hearts), Balthier, Gartie, and Auron. Lloyd Irving is my pick for best RPG character. I really like Lloyd, he's a dork, but he's a funny dork. He's also a great protagonist (who also fills the anime stereotype of "the hero" perfectly) and he is fun to play as in the battles. Did I forget to mention that his clothes look suspiciously similar to Vash the Stampede's?

Best Third-Person Shooter Character:

As mentioned before, I really like third person shooters. But my choice for best is plain and simple. And because its so rare that anyone makes a blasted third-person shooter these days the honorable mentions are Ratchet, Daxter, Clank, Baron Praxis, and Captain Quark. I choose Jak as the best third-person shooter character. I'll admit that he had a brief case of schizophrenia when they made Jak II, seeing how he was just a kid in Jak and Daxter then goes from silent hero to gunslinging, car-stealing, (and when I'm playing) guard-harassing adult. I guess getting captured and experimented on for two years will do that to you.

Best Game Mechanic:

This section is getting axed, seeing how I can't think of any game mechanics from last gen. that deserve this.

This list was short, much shorter than the first one. I'll probably edit it and add more when I'm not about to calapse onto my keyboard from tiredness, only to wake out to see my speakers not working very well because I've been looping Alice Nine music for the past few hours. I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Top Bottom